Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Hutch
Australia
North Fitzroy
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A bit confused on this. Are you allowed to sacrifice your last two units in the Sanctuary of All Gods to get a permanent VP?

The rules make it seem so but the FAQ from the downloads section says:

Quote:
If I sacrifice my last units from the Sanctuary do I still get the VP that turn?
No. You get the prayer points, but you need units on the space in order to receive the VP.

This answer does not even make sense...

Any opinion on this - or better a validated answer?

thanks
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind the Temple that you sacrifice for prayer points. I wonder if this isn't a typo, in the FAQs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hutch
Australia
North Fitzroy
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok - well someone posted this in the forum under the FAQ file which clears it up:

Quote:
I think that this is wrong; if you sacrifice two units from the Sanctuary, you get the permanent VP regardless of how many units you have left on the Sanctuary (even if you have zero left). It's at the Temple in the delta (next door) where you have to sacrifice a unit and gain 5 PP; if you have no units left after performing that sacrifice, you lose the temple VP chit (and miss out on the chance of a permanent VP tile if you were hoping to count that as one of your two for the turn).

So I guess it is possible as I thought (and played), and FAQ file is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This is clearly a mistake in the FAQ. You do get the VP, since you sacrificed the troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.