Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Duel of Ages II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can someone elaborate on what happens if your base HQ is destroyed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
During your Adventure phase, your first
dismiss of the phase is a banish instead? You also cannot
collect tribute for Lith.
Special ability use of the HQ is unaffected?

is this all correct? Can someone elaborate?

Also, on the Alliance mission, if you successfully get a henchmen, is your character and the henchmen dismissed together at that point?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
Special ability use of the HQ is unaffected?
Yes. See page 15 basic rules under destroying enemy sites.
"Special ability use of the HQ is unaffected."

Meanwhile the vortex says "Your team cannot gain current or max health in any way", I assume that mean the characters which can build up health during the game as for staying in a swamp or having others damaged nearby loses those abilities.
Duglis wrote:
Also, on the Alliance mission, if you successfully get a henchmen, is your character and the henchmen dismissed together at that point?
Master rules:
.. wtf.. wasn't copied. Anyway it says that he arrives where you are dismissed. (And later one if they are on the same spot when the master is dismissed you can choose whatever he follows or not.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but I need more elaborate answers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
During your Adventure phase, your first
dismiss of the phase is a banish instead? You also cannot
collect tribute for Lith.
Special ability use of the HQ is unaffected?

is this all correct? Can someone elaborate?

Also, on the Alliance mission, if you successfully get a henchmen, is your character and the henchmen dismissed together at that point?


All correct, including the dismissal of you and your new henchman.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
Thanks, but I need more elaborate answers
Don't know why I didn't answer the others. But you more or less wrote exactly what the rule book said. So I don't really get why you ask the questions written as statements with a question mark behind because it seem like you knew the answer anyway.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked for elaboration mainly. What I wrote was not the exact words of the rules. I was paraphrasing. Anyway, all is well now. The final info on the henchmen was crucial.

be well!
-Doug
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
I asked for elaboration mainly. What I wrote was not the exact words of the rules. I was paraphrasing. Anyway, all is well now. The final info on the henchmen was crucial.

be well!
-Doug
Well I forgot to say "yes" on the others. I was checking up the specific one I quoted in the rule book and when I wrote it down it was exactly the same as your question was phrased =P

I did know that henchmen was free to follow you on dismiss if you where in the same area but whatever they poped up before or afterward the dismissal I wanted to check first to make sure.

As is most often the case it was all in the rule book but there's lots of stuff and question about game play one may have and one read through likely isn't enough / it's easy to forget what may have been mentioned
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.