Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea la malfa
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
The following happened yesterday.

Erik merit raised a number of question due to his pacifism: cannot attack until wronged.

WHITE Leo penny was killed in BLACK fire phase and left a pile of cards in his dying spot.
On WHITE movement Erik Merit stopped on his grave to mourn him (and to take his cards in the following free phase).
On BLACK movement a black team character moved in Erik space and greeted him WITHOUT attacking him.

We ruled the following
1)The BLACK operative could have moved past Erik as Erik is (conditionally) non hostile.
2)ERIK cannot take the cards in the free action as there is an hostile character in the hex (even if he did nothing to show his hostility).
3) Erik staying in the hex does not prohibit the BLACK operative to pick up the cards and go.

Later Erik was close to a labyrinth and about to enter when was passed by a BLACK char that stopped in front of him. Also in this case we ruled that the BLACK char would stop Erik even if clearly he would not attack him.

Is all this correct?
Note that if it is we need a rule that Erik cannot be insulted this way by not attacking him! shake

Thanks
Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrea la malfa wrote:
1)The BLACK operative could have moved past Erik as Erik is (conditionally) non hostile.
2)ERIK cannot take the cards in the free action as there is an hostile character in the hex (even if he did nothing to show his hostility).
3) Erik staying in the hex does not prohibit the BLACK operative to pick up the cards and go.
2) is a yes.

1 and 3 will be interesting to hear the replies for.
andrea la malfa wrote:
Later Erik was close to a labyrinth and about to enter when was passed by a BLACK char that stopped in front of him. Also in this case we ruled that the BLACK char would stop Erik even if clearly he would not attack him.

Is all this correct?
Note that if it is we need a rule that Erik cannot be insulted this way by not attacking him! shake

Thanks
Andrea
Does it matter? I do get it in the picking up cards case but it is that it is. As for blocking movement the other character would have to stay there to keep on doing so or Erik could simply decide to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea la malfa
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Does it matter? I do get it in the picking up cards case but it is that it is. As for blocking movement the other character would have to stay there to keep on doing so or Erik could simply decide to attack.

Well Erik is ultra strong so using a weak character to slow him down in adventuring is a good tactic.
Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrea la malfa wrote:
aliquis wrote:

Well Erik is ultra strong so using a weak character to slow him down in adventuring is a good tactic.
Andrea
Maybe that's why he's allowed to be ultra strong. If he hadn't this disadvantage he likely wouldn't be .. (I assume strong doesn't mean in melee combat? But if so you decide what will happen.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davis
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrea, this is indeed an intriguing issue. Thinking of it in story terms, I can see the requirement for Erik to stop in an opponent's hex as a hostile action, that is the opponent is detaining Erik. It will be interesting to get a ruling on this,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb

Hostile or not, I would think an enemy is an enemy, so entering the same space would stop either character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea la malfa
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheelockian wrote:

Hostile or not, I would think an enemy is an enemy, so entering the same space would stop either character.

No there is a specific rule somewhere that if the enemy cannot attack you you can pass without stopping.

It is the conditional situation of Erik and the choice of not attacking that raises some confusion.
Andrea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All correct on your OP, andrea. Erik will accept abuse, right up until it becomes deadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea la malfa
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpitfireIXA wrote:
All correct on your OP, andrea. Erik will accept abuse, right up until it becomes deadly.

Thanks
Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.