Stefan Barton-Ross
Australia
flag msg tools
Hey everyone, I just want to let folks know about something pretty cool coming up.

Some of you will be familiar with games laboratory, it's a store mostly serving card games dead in the centre of Melbourne, just across the road from central station. They also hold weekly boardgaming and have now organised another boardgaming event- the incubator

http://gameslaboratory.com.au/event/the-incubator/?instance_...

I'll be down there testing my own games, Wild Abyss and the league of legends card game, as well as Paul Nicholas and Dan Shuey, both testing projects they're whittling away at. I've no doubt there'll be some surprise attendees as well, so there'll be quite a variety of local flair to sample. Both Dan and I are fanatical about making our prototypes fun to mess around with, so come on down and enjoy!

If there's enough interest and space I'm also considering running a concept jam from 6-9pm where interested folks can sit down and I'll guide you through the process of coming up with a solid design for a boardgame. Let me know if that's a thing you might be interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
Carnegie
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea.

Is this a once-off event? Or might it be a recurring event? I especially like the idea of the latter, as a (semi-)regular event for playtesting and design discussions in the city would be cool.

Is the dream that this might develop into something like the Games Artisans of Canada...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian H
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a fantastic initiative.thumbsup

Hopefully I will get into the city and check it out.
Won't be able to make the next one - but would be keen to see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Barton-Ross
Australia
flag msg tools
It's intended to be a repeating event, on the first saturday of each month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ive Sorocuk
Australia
flag msg tools
I've been playing around with my own game and would love something like this to get it in front of strangers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
Carnegie
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thereisnosaurus wrote:
It's intended to be a repeating event, on the first saturday of each month.

Looks like I won't be able to make it this weekend. But do post details here for next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lim
Australia
Southbank
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to attend the next one in October. I don't have a game design of my own, but I'm interested in seeing what's there. If anyone has been to the last two events, care to share what the experience was like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lim
Australia
Southbank
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I visited Games Lab at the start of the month and it didn't look like anything was going on, so I left shortly after buying some card sleeves. Shame, really. I was looking forward to it. Are there any other similar events being run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.