Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, there!

First off - I can't thank you enough for creating this game! After about a dozen games, it still feels fresh, balanced, and fun. It's become me and my wife's go-to when we are looking for a 2 player game to play, and I've been showing it to everyone I can, with rave reviews!

Since this forum has helped us a lot with clarifying rules questions so far, I figured I'd throw a couple out there...

-I played "Sabotage the TARDIS" to move the White Guardian to an adjacent column. The only adjacent column was Gallifrey, which had reached it's occupancy limit + 1 thanks to The Twelve Doctors. We are playing under the assumption that once 12 Doctors is played, no more cards may be added to that column until it's back down below 4 slots. In this instance, does Sabotage the TARDIS simply fizzle due to there being no room to move that Companion, or does The Doctor have to throw someone out to let someone in? Further; would that cause The Doctor to have to pare his column back down to 3 slots, to make room for the incoming 4th Companion?

-Both players have a card that makes another card "Blank" while it's in play. If this card is played on a card which has tokens on it (such as Lucy Saxon, Rory, or The Wirrn), do those tokens remain on the card? If so, do they remain without effect, in case another card might restore that card to normal (Ingenious Solution being removed from play somehow, for example). And finally; if the card is, say, a Companion, and it's made blank, would a card that remove companions be effective, or would the card no longer have the "Companion" syntax which would allow a Companion-eliminating card to remove it?

My leaning is that the card is blank, blank, blank...no tokens, no syntax, and can only be removed by a card that removes "A card in play" or by the Doctor's innate ability to retire cards when he's over his occupancy limit...making it especially brutal for The Master if he gets hit with it, as he can't use Black Scrolls to dump it (Since it's not a Marauder, it's blank!)

I appreciate any clarification that can be provided...thank you again for an EXCELLENT game!!! =-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Sabotage the Tardis:

Do as much as you can - this applies to all cards. If you can only partly complete its text, you MUST do as much as you can, and then ignore the rest of the card text without effect.

Making cards 'blank' with Ingenious Solution:

The cards affected are classed as having no text, keywords, or rules - they are considered as blank playing cards with no powers or abilities. Any tokens on the card remain, but are ignored until the Ingenious Solution is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.