Subject: The space distorting monument and "caverns are clear" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea la malfa
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a monument that warps the terrain so that clear terrain costs 2 movement points for the enemies.
Are caverns affected by this monument?

They are a different type of terrain so no. Even if apart from the walls they are treated as clear.
Apart from the wall they are clear so yes. Even if they are a different type of terrain.

Which is true?

Thanks
Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I recalled reading somewhere in the master set of rules that states Cavern/Labyrinth spaces are considered clear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, cavern spaces are clear. I guess what that means is that they cost 1 movement per space and that they doesn't block anything (except the walls that is.)

The monument would make that cost 2. (And I assume it's got a range, I don't know whatever that uses the name aura or not but I assume the range is measured as for auras regardless, as in not through cavern walls but travel into caverns.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Yeah, cavern spaces are clear. I guess what that means is that they cost 1 movement per space and that they doesn't block anything (except the walls that is.)

The monument would make that cost 2. (And I assume it's got a range, I don't know whatever that uses the name aura or not but I assume the range is measured as for auras regardless, as in not through cavern walls but travel into caverns.)

I agree completely.

Obviously, I'm just guessing based on my understanding of the rules, but I think you are quite correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this behave like auras and NOT pass through cavern walls, but would need to have reach space-wise going around the walls and through the entrance to the cavern?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.