Popular Tags: [View All]
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Unlike many of you, I missed this Kickstarter cry so I'm going to be waiting much longer than all of you since I have it on preorder at my FLGS.

In order to help the time go by, I decided to build my own 3D board using Hirst Arts molds as well as making custom molds of the bits. Here's how it turned out:

Here are all the pieces removed:

And now, the other side of the board:

If you want to see how I did it, go to the Hirst Arts board where I give more photos and steps that I took to make this:

http://hirstarts.yuku.com/topic/7098/Krosmaster-Arena-BoardW...

Now, I hope I really like this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NIFTY!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus McEachran
Scotland
West Kilbride
North Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That is an amazing board, very well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old spirit
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome!!! I do believe it would look better on my table though.

Your wait is a bit shorter; I just got my Collectors edition in the mail (USPS?!). It is even better than I thought! Quality is absolutely top notch. You are gonna be real happy when the figures are on your board.

oldspirit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kris kline

Santa Barbara
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely stunning (including pics on the other website). Are you going to include the light source underneath? I loved the whole red lava and blue ice effect you showed. Did you stop going that route?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work and very inspiring!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldspirit wrote:
That is awesome!!! I do believe it would look better on my table though.

Your wait is a bit shorter; I just got my Collectors edition in the mail (USPS?!). It is even better than I thought! Quality is absolutely top notch. You are gonna be real happy when the figures are on your board.

oldspirit

You got your copy already??
Oh man, I can hardly contain myself while waiting for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister Sandman wrote:
Absolutely stunning (including pics on the other website). Are you going to include the light source underneath? I loved the whole red lava and blue ice effect you showed. Did you stop going that route?

I'm going to explore it with the Frigost board since it has so much ice. I might try it with the lava but it's a lot of work for just one corner of the board. It'll take me a while though since I have to sculpt original pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got started on the token set. As you can see here, I'm making the masters using oven-bake clay. The Tofu looks pretty darn close but the sheep piece (don't remember the name) is completely different. The block is for the Frigost expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.