Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Berserker's Charge without nearby monsters. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DJ DJ
msg tools
I have a question about Berserker's Charge.

Can a hero use a charge in order to move even if there are no valid targets that he can attack? This is important if hero has immobilize. This way hero could still move while having immobilize although this would cost him 2 fatigue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe some of the related questions on other skills that let a hero move and attack, it was discussed that a hero can use them to move and then not perform the attack. However, if the skill was dependent upon having the attack land, then if there was no way to attack or no enemy in range, then the movement can't happen. But the Charge skill is one where you move and then attack, so the move should happen regardless of whether you attack at the end of it or not.

So, in short, yes, Charge should let you move and not attack, even if you're immobilized, since it gives you movement points without it being a move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devastadus bam
msg tools
according to faq 1.2

Q: When Immobilized, can a figure use skills and abilities that allow movement not related to a move action?

A: Yes. Any skill or ability that does not refer to performing a move action may be used while a figure is Immobilized. This includes skills or abilities that remove a figure from the map and place it in another space, skills or abilities that allow a figure to move an amount of spaces based upon its Speed, and skills and abilities by which a figure can gain movement points.

So since charge says move and attack, you can not use charge when immoblized

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lolololage
msg tools
devastadus wrote:
according to faq 1.2

Q: When Immobilized, can a figure use skills and abilities that allow movement not related to a move action?

A: Yes. Any skill or ability that does not refer to performing a move action may be used while a figure is Immobilized. This includes skills or abilities that remove a figure from the map and place it in another space, skills or abilities that allow a figure to move an amount of spaces based upon its Speed, and skills and abilities by which a figure can gain movement points.

So since charge says move and attack, you can not use charge when immoblized

That is not quite correct.

Charge says nothing about a "move action" It says, you "may move up to your speed"

These are two different terms.

The answer you quoted also says this :

Quote:
"This includes skills or abilities that remove a figure from the map and place it in another space, skills or abilities that allow a figure to move an amount of spaces based upon its Speed"

So, yes you can charge while immobilised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devastadus bam
msg tools
Ah good to know. my bad i take what i said back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drol In
msg tools
Can i use Charge when immobilized and then not perform an attack?

basically: can i use charge to move without having a target to attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.