Hawaii» Forums » General

Subject: Number of available tiles changes with player count? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noel Llopis
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
I played this game with 2 players for the first time last night, and I was surprised that I couldn't find any mention in the rulebook about changing the amount of available tiles of each type with player count.

I remember in previous games with 4 and 5 people that some tiles ran out, forcing people to make do and pick an alternate way to still increase their score.

With 2 players, it was still a very interesting game, but every tile was in great abundance, and it seemed even open for abuse (focus on fruits, and get the 2 fruit gods for example).

Assuming I didn't miss a rule somewhere, has anyone tried reducing the number of tiles? There are 5 of each type and the game plays up to 5 people, so I wonder if putting as many tiles of each type as players would be a good start (with gods, tikis, fruits, etc being a bit different since there are more of them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I see you mentioned that isn't quite correct is you can only have one god of each type on your island. So if you have a fruit god you can't get the other one.

Also, gods are only picked according how they appear in the stack, so you can't just go digging for the one you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Llopis
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mister lunch wrote:
One thing I see you mentioned that isn't quite correct is you can only have one god of each type on your island. So if you have a fruit god you can't get the other one.

Also, gods are only picked according how they appear in the stack, so you can't just go digging for the one you want.

That's right! Good point on both accounts. I knew about only having one god of each type in your whole island (but obviously forgot about it while posting).

I actually didn't know that you couldn't go searching for whatever god tile you wanted though! That changes things quite a lot. Definitely less abusable as it is then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.