Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Silverdragon
United States
Unspecified
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought me copy and have browsed the rules, but have not had a chance to play yet. As our gaming group is limited to 6 more often than not, I wonder if anyone who has played can post a rules variant for 6. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
6 is just not going to work. Someone will have to sit out and be the moderator, which gets you down to 5. That'd be 1 werewolf, 4 villagers. That'd be one short game.

On night 0, the werewolf kills: 3 villagers left.
The villagers lynch someone and miss: 2 villagers left
Night 1, the wolf kills, 1 villager left.
On Day 2, they are both tied, the wolf wins.

So, all the villagers can do is choose ONE target, on day 1. After that, the game is over. That'd be very boring, and is really not worth playing. Even if you don't let the wolf kill on night 0, there would only be two lynches! IMO, That's not worth playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually there is a variant that works very well. One person is the moderator which leaves 5 players, the roles are as follows:

evil roles
Wolf: kills one player at night

Sorcerer: is on the same team as the wolf but doesn't know who the wolf is, gets one view at night in search of the seer

good roles
Seer: gets one view at night in search of the wolf

Hunter: if the hunter is left alone with the wolf at the end of the game the hunter will kill the wolf and the villge will win

Villager: no powers

On Night zero the Seer and the Sorcerer both get a view (the sorcerer is looking for the seer remember. If the sorcerer views the wolf he gets a negative answer).

This ruleset is played live right here on BGG in the chatroom several nights a week. It makes for a very interesting and tactical game. The sorcerer usually claims to be the seer the first day and the hunter often claims to be the sorcerer to avoid getting eaten. Often the game is won on day or night one. Occationally it'll go to the day two lynch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that might sound good for werewolf addicts. But still, 2 night werewolf? None of the 5, 10 night intrigue? It must be a pretty different game.

Does it really work wekk Face to Face? With the same group all the time, and well known tells, I see how it could become stale pretty quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it does have a different feel. This varient is all about role claims both true and false. It only lasts two days but there is a lot of information and counter claims to sort through on day one. It's not like vanilla werewolf with a random first lynch. Every player has a unique role and two players have information on others roles. With this information out there and depending on who claims what role there can be quite a bit of deduction.

Personally, I think all werewolf becomes stale when played too much, especially with the same players. And this varient is no different in that respect. But mixed in with other games it's perfectly playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silverdragon
United States
Unspecified
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input...the variant sounds interesting...may have to try it next time we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, the Enter the Passage promo that came out at Essen supports 6 officially, where 1 player is the moderator, one is the seer, 1 is the wolf, and 3 are villagers. On the first night, no one is killed.

Any reason people have for thinking that wouldn't work just fine, as a short fun icebreaker?

Night 0: no one dies
Day 1: villagers guess wrong, 4 villagers left
Night 1: hunt, 3 villagers left
Day 2: villagers guess wrong, 2 villagers left
Night 2: hunt, 1 villager left, wolf wins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.