Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faction: Weyland
Name: Weyland Shares
Tagline: Rising Above the Competition
Identity: Stock Exchange
Ability: At the start of your turn, if you have 50 or more credits, you win the game.
Minimum Deck Size: 40
Maximum Influence: 10

Now I'm not saying we'll see this exact ID, as that would be ridiculous. But I'd be astonishly surprised if we won't see a similar one in a future expansion (especially the deluxe Weyland one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
kroen wrote:
Ability: At the start of your turn, if you have 50 or more credits, you win the game.

Now I'm not saying we'll see this exact ID, as that would be ridiculous. But I'd be astonishly surprised if we won't see a similar one in a future expansion (especially the deluxe Weyland one).

I think that eventually they will do a cycle dedicated to alternate winning conditions, but this one seems way too easy to achieve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? And here I thought 50 was too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience on these forums, FFG has does a good job making identities that absolutely no one predicted (except HB2, I remember someone said it would increase str)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
I think Weyland 2 was also predicted, but not the other corps, especially not Jinteki 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Barnett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be difficult for any other corp, but weyland is the matter of turtling behind advanced barriers while taking credits. 7 agenda and 3 reworks would just slow the game to a crawl as weyland clicks for cash.

Not a bad idea though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Cow
msg tools
50 Creds as Wayland is rediculously easy. Just Ice up centrals and play operations/commercialization. I've had 50+ creds as Wayland in a decent amount of games without doing anything funny or silly to try and stock up on cash.

On top of that, it would make SEA/Scorched + possible money win one of the easiest win conditions for corp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
50 credits with Weyland is ridiculously easy if you get +1 credit per transaction or 1 free ice advance per turn and 5 extra influence.... now I'm not saying it won't be easy without, but you do have a solid point on only icing centrals... kind of blew the wind from my sails. Probably ain't going to happen. But it's going to be something with money involved for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Cow
msg tools
That being said, I wouldn't mind more cards that helped an ice only centrals or ice only remotes game. But things like account siph + gabe means you kinda need to ice centrals or you hurt yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gin Teki
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
kroen wrote:

I predict that you will never see an I.D. that has an alternate win condition, runner or Corp. I suspect that the majority of players wouldn't want to see one anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Searlichek wrote:
I predict that you will never see an I.D. that has an alternate win condition, runner or Corp. I suspect that the majority of players wouldn't want to see one anyway.

Really? hmm....maybe not something so straight forward or outrageous...but....hmmm...there are so many possibilities.

There could even be a really powerful identity whose tradeoff is that it requires you to score 10 points to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
Searlichek wrote:
kroen wrote:

It seems to me that ID's are the obvious place to put an alternate win condition. That way you know it is there from the beginning. It would be kind of lame to have to plan for all kinds of alternate win conditions because any of them could be in your opponents decksl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H.
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Click the Wordpress link below to visit the Atlas Agency, my space for Arkham LCG reviews and videos.
badge
Click the Wordpress link below to visit the Atlas Agency, my space for Arkham LCG reviews and videos.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree identities are the natural place for alternate win conditions, if they choose to do them. I wonder if we might eventually see an Anarch ID with bad publicity as an alternate win condition as a nod to the original game's bad publicity. Something like "At the start of your turn, you win the game if the Corp has seven or more bad publicity."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theatlas wrote:
I agree identities are the natural place for alternate win conditions, if they choose to do them. I wonder if we might eventually see an Anarch ID with bad publicity as an alternate win condition as a nod to the original game's bad publicity. Something like "At the start of your turn, you win the game if the Corp has seven or more bad publicity."

Actually, I completely expect that now. Makes lots of sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Empires wrote:
theatlas wrote:

Actually, I completely expect that now. Makes lots of sense.

I've been wondering if they're going to release the hound KRAKEN of OG Netrunner's Bad Pub win condition too.

It's already really, really bad for corps to get Bad Pub, so the ways of giving them some better be hard and or totally worth it for the corp if it is also a win condition .

By the same token, though, at some point if the runner has 3-5 bonus credits PER RUN and they don't win... man. Something went disastrously wrong there. So... XD I dunno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of auto-win when reaching a money point, they could buy the victory.
Something like: "click, 15cr: gain an agenda point"
The click / money cost may change. This should be an ability in the ID. Something i want to see in the future

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate win conditions
The idea of winning without agendas is seen in Notoriety and Director Haas giving non-agenda agenda points to the runner. I always thought the criminal faction should have a way to get points with money, since they are only interested in money anyway, right? Here's my idea:

Offshore Retirement Account
Faction: Criminal
Faction cost: 2
Resource: Remote

X[Credits]: Place X credits on Offshore Retirement Account.
[Click][Trash]: Place Offshore Retirement Account in your score area as an agenda worth 1 point. Use this ability only if Offshore Retirement Account has at least 25 credits on it.

Tell me what you think. I was thinking you could also say ORA is worth 1 agenda point for every 25 credits on it, but I think in the spirit of the game, you want the runner to be forced to interact with the corp. So if you combine 3 Notoriety and 3 ORA, you still need to steal 1 agenda to win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.