Recommend
17 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Box contents of expansion ships--first look at scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, NECA uploaded several photos to their Facebook page this week, showing the box contents of each of the expansions. Examination of said photos reveals some details about the scenarios in each box.

(Friday was a slow day at work.)

Transcribed from the visible portion of the scenario cards; that which is in parentheses is summarized by me.

USS Enterprise:

The Kobayashi Maru: Mission Overview
Number of players: 2
You are attempting to overcome the infamous Kobayashi Maru scenario as part of your training at Starfleet Academy. During the simulation, you receive a distress call from the Kobayashi Maru, a fuel carrier that has become disabled in the Klingon Neutral Zone. You must rescue the crew and escape before aggressive Klingon warships destroy your ship.

USS Reliant:

The Mutara Nebula
Number of players: (looks like 2)
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are. Within the nebula, ships have their shields disabled, gain 2 defense dice, lose scanning and cloaking abilities, but gain the ability to produce sensor echoes even if they don't have it listed on their action bars.)

IKS Gr'oth:

Assassination
Number of players: (2, possibly 3, hard to tell)
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are.)
Objective, Klingon player: Assassinate one of the Federation Captains or destroy one of the Federation ships.
Objective, Federation player: Beam all of your Captains up to their respective ships and enter warp by moving all of your ships through your starting area and off the board. If one of your ships leaves the edge of the table while still having a Mission Token on its Captain, you fail the mission and lose the game. Also, if one of your ships leaves the table without going through its starting area, you lose the game.

IKS Negh'Var:

Destroy the Space Station
Number of players: 2
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are. The space station is given stats and treated as a stationary ship.)

IRW Valdore:

Destroy the Scimitar: Mission Overview
Number of players: 3 (Cooperative)
The Reman Warbird, Scimitar, is threatening to destroy all life on planet Earth. You must work together to stop it!

RIS Apnex:

Testing New Cloaking Technologies
Number of players: 2
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are. The number of ships/squadron points allowed is variable.)

Gor Portas:

Fall Back to Cardassia Prime
Number of players: (looks like 3)
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are.)
Objective, Federation Alliance Players: Destroy the Breen Battle Cruiser for a combined victory.

Kraxon:

Protect the Outposts
Number of players: (looks like 2)
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are. The outposts are given stats and treated as stationary ships.)
24 
 Thumb up
2.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the summary on those, excellent info... Has anyone seen an actual production quality ship close up? I am still curious about if the plastic is soft and bendable or harder (like FFG) and what quality level the painting and details are.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Corby
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal Slayer wrote:
Thanks for the summary on those, excellent info... Has anyone seen an actual production quality ship close up? I am still curious about if the plastic is soft and bendable or harder (like FFG) and what quality level the painting and details are.


I saw all of them in person Thursday at an Alliance Open House they held for store owners and Wizkids was there doing a presentation and demos for us. They are the exact same ships and paint jobs that they used for their Star Trek Heroclicks game, using a modified base for Attack Wing. There are plenty of pictures online to see the paint detail level. Is it as good as FFGs, no, but its fine to play. Is the plastic as hard, again no, but that actually might be good as they seem less likely to break if you drop them on a hard floor or tabletop.

And we got to see all of the participation prizes and winners prizes for the organized play DS9 war campaign, and I must say it looked great. This is going to be a hot game in a few weeks.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, I was thinking they were using the heroclix ones for the initial demos, but I just don't think I can justify spending money for them when they are the same as the heroclix ones they already sold me the year before for a lot less of the cost, you know?

FFG has a great detail quality on their minis, and the plastic is excellent quality for the minis.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Look
United States
Coventry
CT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A little bit disappointed by the ships, but not enough to not want them. Here's my concern: Card quality. Please tell me these are better than Fleet Captains?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ships are a bit disappointing, but I doubt I will notice. The price point is or should be less by a couple of bucks. I am more disappointed in the amount of crew in some of the packs, but assume they holding back for the future. Depending on component quality not sure if I would buy more after the release. Imo, you can definatly tell when a company is not being run by a enthusiast.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing will look worse to me than the Enterprise on the table with twisted and bent nacelles and crappy paint applications all over it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
browncoat2814 wrote:
Here's my concern: Card quality. Please tell me these are better than Fleet Captains?


From all we have seen so far, and from all the product I personally own by said company, I can assure you we'll see the thin cardstock cards from Fleet Captains and Mage Knight. I'm going to use FFG sleeves to protect and strengthen them. It's putting the pricetag even higher... But it's Star Trek. I'm gonna get into this game anyway. Probably that's what the company expects from one of the most loyal fandoms out there... Sad, but true
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Look
United States
Coventry
CT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'd rate the Mage Knight quality over that of Fleet Captains. It's not great, but noticeably better, especially in the second print run.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
capnginger wrote:
So, NECA uploaded several photos to their Facebook page this week, showing the box contents of each of the expansions. Examination of said photos reveals some details about the scenarios in each box.

(Friday was a slow day at work.)

Transcribed from the visible portion of the scenario cards; that which is in parentheses is summarized by me.

USS Enterprise:

The Kobayashi Maru: Mission Overview
Number of players: 2
You are attempting to overcome the infamous Kobayashi Maru scenario as part of your training at Starfleet Academy. During the simulation, you receive a distress call from the Kobayashi Maru, a fuel carrier that has become disabled in the Klingon Neutral Zone. You must rescue the crew and escape before aggressive Klingon warships destroy your ship.

USS Reliant:

The Mutara Nebula
Number of players: (looks like 2)
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are. Within the nebula, ships have their shields disabled, gain 2 defense dice, lose scanning and cloaking abilities, but gain the ability to produce sensor echoes even if they don't have it listed on their action bars.)

IKS Gr'oth:

Assassination
Number of players: (2, possibly 3, hard to tell)
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are.)
Objective, Klingon player: Assassinate one of the Federation Captains or destroy one of the Federation ships.
Objective, Federation player: Beam all of your Captains up to their respective ships and enter warp by moving all of your ships through your starting area and off the board. If one of your ships leaves the edge of the table while still having a Mission Token on its Captain, you fail the mission and lose the game. Also, if one of your ships leaves the table without going through its starting area, you lose the game.

IKS Negh'Var:

Destroy the Space Station
Number of players: 2
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are. The space station is given stats and treated as a stationary ship.)

IRW Valdore:

Destroy the Scimitar: Mission Overview
Number of players: 3 (Cooperative)
The Reman Warbird, Scimitar, is threatening to destroy all life on planet Earth. You must work together to stop it!

RIS Apnex:

Testing New Cloaking Technologies
Number of players: 2
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are. The number of ships/squadron points allowed is variable.)

Gor Portas:

Fall Back to Cardassia Prime
Number of players: (looks like 3)
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are.)
Objective, Federation Alliance Players: Destroy the Breen Battle Cruiser for a combined victory.

Klaxon:

Protect the Outposts
Number of players: (looks like 2)
(Overview is not visible, but some of the set-up and special rules are. The outposts are given stats and treated as stationary ships.)


Thanks for collecting and sharing this information.

I'm curious how the scenarios are going to work. Do you need to get particular ships to run the scenarios? For example, in the Reliant scenario, recreating the Mutara Nebula battle, are we supposed to substitute another ship for the refitted Enterprise? That just seems... wrong?

I hope they end up have several ships from each generation (TOS, movies, TNG/DS9/Voyager eras). It just seems strange to have TOS Enterprise vs. the Breen battlecruiser. That is one thing I'm glad FFG is doing with their X-Wing game... not dipping into the prequel ships (at least not yet).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Midwest Razorback wrote:
I'm curious how the scenarios are going to work. Do you need to get particular ships to run the scenarios? For example, in the Reliant scenario, recreating the Mutara Nebula battle, are we supposed to substitute another ship for the refitted Enterprise? That just seems... wrong?


I think it depends on the scenario.

I didn't pick up the Reliant yet, but looking at 'Destroy the Scimatar' that comes with the Valdore which is a 3 player co-op scenario you have these requirements...

Federation Player: 50 pts including at least 1 federation ship
Romulan Player: 50 pts, including at least 1 Valdore Class ship
Allied Player: 50 pts
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
traitorarmor wrote:
Midwest Razorback wrote:
I'm curious how the scenarios are going to work. Do you need to get particular ships to run the scenarios? For example, in the Reliant scenario, recreating the Mutara Nebula battle, are we supposed to substitute another ship for the refitted Enterprise? That just seems... wrong?


I think it depends on the scenario.

I didn't pick up the Reliant yet, but looking at 'Destroy the Scimatar' that comes with the Valdore which is a 3 player co-op scenario you have these requirements...

Federation Player: 50 pts including at least 1 federation ship
Romulan Player: 50 pts, including at least 1 Valdore Class ship
Allied Player: 50 pts


Just picked up the entire set of attack wing =). Looking forward to playing that scenario with the valdore set.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.