Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone come up with user-created scenarios? Am especially interested in 4-6 player battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/928396/random-scenario-map
Was playing around with this idea
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Belli
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kevin Rohrer wrote:
Has anyone come up with user-created scenarios? Am especially interested in 4-6 player battles.

I can definitely come up with a few new 4-6 map scenarios if people would like and post them here. After WBC, ill try and do 2-3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd love to see some 3 player scenarios since they are quite difficult to balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fwiw, we will be posting the WBC scenarios right after each session begins, along with their 'orders' and any special circumstances.

If you want to pick your 36vp force for Germans and Americans, you can "play along" if you like.

In fact, that probably deserves a thread of its own. "Play your own WBC competition at home!"

So this will give you several more scenarios you can add, some for 2 and some for 4-6. (As Charles states- 3 is hard. I think we have a thread about that way back in the deep past, where there were suggestions that reminded me of the old Squad Leader 'sandwich.")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
Personally, I'd love to see some 3 player scenarios since they are quite difficult to balance.

We played several three player games at NJ Con. All I did was to balance the points and have one person run two squads separately. All units were 28 points and with a more experienced player on the side running the two squads it worked out well.

A lot depends on the orders you would have for the two squads. We were trying to capture the bridge so it worked out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pvi99th wrote:
charlest wrote:

We played several three player games at NJ Con. All I did was to balance the points and have one person run two squads separately. All units were 28 points and with a more experienced player on the side running the two squads it worked out well.

A lot depends on the orders you would have for the two squads. We were trying to capture the bridge so it worked out.

Yeah I see that's how it can work, but that's not really how the game is intended to be played. In multiplayer games victory is supposed to be awarded to a single player (not a side). Orders are also supposed to be hidden from your allies. This wouldn't work with one person controlling 2 squads. I don't think most people follow these guidelines though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than one person running double what 2 people are each running, I would think a good 3 player would be to give the 'single' about 50% more than each of the other players-- one larger squad with a single mission.

Make it be the German, on defense, and make two allies come for him from different edges of the board. Or let the paras be the ones who try to hold terrain from a German counterattack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I need to get my copy of Night Drop back out and look at some of the firefights in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you play the scenario please give me feedback ,good or bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice scenario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.