Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Czuba
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the original El Grande - and by the rules, the first person to play a power card is the lowest power card from the previous round....

However - after that - power cards are bid/played clockwise...which to me seems not consistant in that sitting to the left of the low bidder, someone may benefit.

Has anyone ever tried a 'house' rule of bidding power cards in the opposite order of the last turn played ? ie. Using all the values of the Power cards to determine ALL the new bidding order....

Does this destroy the game ? ....comments welcome -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That house rule is natural and seems it would only improve the game. The game as in the rules has the advantage of simplicity, which I will not knock, but does seem to be an inferior rule otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
klausbh
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I usually play that way (bidding order determined by last round's bids) and I consider it an improvement.

-Klaus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.