Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a leader applies his DRM to a squads bazooka to hit attempt, does his DRM also apply to the effects if successful?

Ex: Squad and a -2 leader shoot a bazooka at infantry 3 hexes away during the defensive fire phase. Normal TO HIT for a bazooka would be 6, but with the leader -2 DRM would be an 8 or less (para 37.44 & 37.47).

I roll a 3 and achieve a hit on the enemy infantry. Per para 37.47 now I roll on the 6IFT column, and roll a 8. Is it no effect, or a 1 morale check after applying the leaders DRM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see anything specific in the rules, but I would say it affects the To Hit only.
37.34 states "Leadership modifiers apply to the Panzerfaust TO HIT TABLE but not to the AFV KILL Tables for panzerfaust attacks."
I would suggest that attacks against infantry would be treated the same, with the modifier applying to the To Hit table only, but not to the resultant ift attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A leader can make you shoot straighter by telling you where to aim or when to pull the trigger, but he can't make the warhead explode any bigger...
Simple logic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Power
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

37.44 Leadership modifiers apply to the TO HIT Table but not to AFV KILL Tables for bazooka attacks.

Question 257 (Squad Leader Academy)
Can a leader apply his leadership modifier to both the bazooka or PF TO HIT roll and the inherent FP roll of the squad firing the weapon?
No. {SL edition 4, page 23}

37.47 A bazooka can also fire HE ammunition for use against infantry targets. When firing on infantry use the Bazooka TO HIT Table (26.642) and if a hit is secured, roll for effectiveness on the 6 column of the IFT adding all necessary modifiers for terrain and situation. Bazooka attacks must be carried out separately; i.e., the bazooka FP factor cannot be added to other FP factors for use in a single combined attack.

I believe I understand your confusion. 37.44 is regarding fire against AFVs and 37.47 is fire against infantry. I'm suspecting the word 'situation' (highlighted in 37.47) is the source of the question. This can cover a lot including leadership DRM. Question 257 is not helpful for this point since it is concerned with a leader's modifier being applied both to the squad's bazooka shot and the squad's inherent firepower at the same target. However, I'm in agreement with the above statement about how a leader's influence cannot add or detract the effect of the explosion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Power wrote:

37.44 Leadership modifiers apply to the TO HIT Table but not to AFV KILL Tables for bazooka attacks.

Question 257 (Squad Leader Academy)
Can a leader apply his leadership modifier to both the bazooka or PF TO HIT roll and the inherent FP roll of the squad firing the weapon?
No. {SL edition 4, page 23}

37.47 A bazooka can also fire HE ammunition for use against infantry targets. When firing on infantry use the Bazooka TO HIT Table (26.642) and if a hit is secured, roll for effectiveness on the 6 column of the IFT adding all necessary modifiers for terrain and situation. Bazooka attacks must be carried out separately; i.e., the bazooka FP factor cannot be added to other FP factors for use in a single combined attack.

I believe I understand your confusion. 37.44 is regarding fire against AFVs and 37.47 is fire against infantry. I'm suspecting the word 'situation' (highlighted in 37.47) is the source of the question. This can cover a lot including leadership DRM. Question 257 is not helpful for this point since it is concerned with a leader's modifier being applied both to the squad's bazooka shot and the squad's inherent firepower at the same target. However, I'm in agreement with the above statement about how a leader's influence cannot add or detract the effect of the explosion.

That is exactly what raised the question. What was meant by "situation"? Besides, leadership DRM and TEM, what other "situation" is there?

I'm in agreement that the leader DRM should logically only apply to the TO HIT. But playing devil's advocate, if leadership DRM didn't apply, then the rule would have been written to omit the words "and situation".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
msg tools
mb
hi,

I think 'concealed' for situation, (+2 TH and area fire on the IFT.) Remember that square box means no PBF, Long Range or Moving modifiers apply to the FP of '6'. This is consistent with FTs & DCs.

like michael point out, its confusing because Building and Woods TEMs are applied to the TH against a vehicle but against IFT resolution v infantry. However the leader is always applied to the TH Roll vs either.

just confusing.

S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.