Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this one never really took off for Z-man, but Skyline 3000 originally had a $59.99 price tag, so when I saw a stack of them at HPB for $9.99 today, I picked up a copy.

This was the Half-Price Books on Hwy 377 in Watauga, TX. Obviously, your mileage may vary at other stores, but HPB are all over the place and may have this or other games at closeout bargains. Really, it's cheaper than buying online, where the shipping of a 3-4 lb. game can be $10 alone. That is, if you can find it.

As for the game, I haven't played it, but the components are top-notch and the rules seem straight forward enough.

Happy hunting.

ML

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There were actually a few Z-Man games that HPB was clearing out for this price, so if you have other stores in your area you might look for them. This is what I can remember from the list:

The Speicherstadt
De Vulgari Eloquentia
Skyline 3000
Ideology: The War of Ideas
Power Struggle

There might have been a few more that I'm forgetting.

On that note though, has anyone noticed a new wave of these appearing in HPB, or is Mitch lucky enough to have found a copy left over from the first batch? My store employees are very helpful but said they had no way of knowing if they were going to get any more of these or not. I was OK with missing most of them (someone cleared out all stores in my area the day the games appeared) but would love to try out de Vulgaria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MitchLav wrote:
I guess this one never really took off for Z-man, but Skyline 3000 originally had a $59.99 price tag, so when I saw a stack of them at HPB for $9.99 today, I picked up a copy.

This was the Half-Price Books on Hwy 377 in Watauga, TX. Obviously, your mileage may vary at other stores, but HPB are all over the place and may have this or other games at closeout bargains. Really, it's cheaper than buying online, where the shipping of a 3-4 lb. game can be $10 alone. That is, if you can find it.

As for the game, I haven't played it, but the components are top-notch and the rules seem straight forward enough.

Happy hunting.

ML

Just curious, how many we're there? I'm tempted to stop by on way home from work since I live just minutes from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been waiting for Skyline 3000 to show up at my local Half-Price. I owned all the other clearance Z-Man games that I cared to except for that one. Luckily, a large stack of games showed up just the other day and I was finally able to pick it up for the $10 price.

Something I've always found weird-
Apparently Skyline 3000 is remake of Capitol, with many reviews saying it's a better version of the game, yet Skyline 3000 has remained ranked much much worse than Capitol. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't find much at the Seattle University area Half Price Books. They had

Ming DynastyStill in shrink wrap, hole in box, $19.99
Quest for the DragonLords Open box, missing CD, $27.99
Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation - The Next Phase New $19.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.