Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played this game as two-player tonite.
It was only the second time I'd played, and the first
time either of us had played the two-player version.
My wife had never played before tonight.

After two games of mostly getting things correct, we
ran across a situation that I had not thought of in
the two-player version.

It was her turn, and we were at the stage where she
turned up 3 cards for us to see. I saw a greenbean
upcard I wanted, so I offered her a coffee bean for a
greenbean. She said "OK" and proceeded to hand me a
greenbean from her hand (not the upcard on the table).

This struck me as more of a style of play from the multiplayer
versions of the game. Until this point, I hadn't thought about
trading from our hands. This led me to wonder whether, in two-player
games of bohnanza, we should be spending more time trading
from our hands to eachother, and if it is in fact legal in
the two-player version.

If we are allowed to trade between our hands, my guess is it
can only occur during the traing phase of a player's turn.
And my question is whether we can trade cards from our hands
in addition to those on the table as a result of the 3-cards
up step.

Thougths?
mikey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikey,

Just saw your question.

You can NEVER trade out of your hand if you are the person that has the trade cards turned up.

In other words, if it is my turn, and I turn over cards on the table to be traded, those are the only cards I can trade with.

The other player can trade out of their hand, but ONLY for those cards that are face up on the table.

This same rule applies iff you are playing with multiple people too. They can ONLY trade with the person whos turn it is and ONLY for the cards that are turned up on the table.

One more thing: You can never trade for nothing. In other words: a player can not give the person who has turned up cards on the table - cards out of their hand without taking one or more of the table cards in exchange.

And remember all cards that are taken in the trade MUST be planted immediately. Nothing from the table in a trade ever goes back into the hands of any player.

Hope this all helps.

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McGuit wrote:
Mikey,

Just saw your question.

You can NEVER trade out of your hand if you are the person that has the trade cards turned up.

In other words, if it is my turn, and I turn over cards on the table to be traded, those are the only cards I can trade with.

The other player can trade out of their hand, but ONLY for those cards that are face up on the table.

This same rule applies iff you are playing with multiple people too. They can ONLY trade with the person whos turn it is and ONLY for the cards that are turned up on the table.

One more thing: You can never trade for nothing. In other words: a player can not give the person who has turned up cards on the table - cards out of their hand without taking one or more of the table cards in exchange.

And remember all cards that are taken in the trade MUST be planted immediately. Nothing from the table in a trade ever goes back into the hands of any player.

Hope this all helps.

McGuit

Ummm, sorry dude but, as I understand it, the above statement is almost completely and utterly wrong. The last part about not putting beans back in your hand is correct but, trading from your hand on your turn is perfectly legal as is giving beans away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh!

You are absolutely right.
My mistake.

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.