Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Does the player with the president token (a) wait until all other players have accommodated vacationers to see if he/she gets any additional guests to add to any he/she received that same round (before allocating) or (b) accommodates all vacationers he/she received in the round and only after placing those guests in their new house(s) checks if he/she has any additional room for any that come from other players?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't argue, just play!
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer B.
All players accomodate their vacationeers at the same time, than surpluses go to President.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Walter
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a follow-up question about this:

If the answer to the first question is B, then can the President use guests aquired from other players to kick out guests that were claimed & placed this turn? If not, does this mean that the President has to remember which guests were newly placed this turn and which not?

To me, the first option (can cash in guests on the turn they were claimed) seems overpowered and the second option (having to remember which guests are "new") seems like too much more work to track. Isn't it easier just going with option A?

-Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Miniapples
Minisoda
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
rw2e wrote:
I have a follow-up question about this:

If the answer to the first question is B, then can the President use guests aquired from other players to kick out guests that were claimed & placed this turn? If not, does this mean that the President has to remember which guests were newly placed this turn and which not?

To me, the first option (can cash in guests on the turn they were claimed) seems overpowered and the second option (having to remember which guests are "new") seems like too much more work to track. Isn't it easier just going with option A?

-Richard
Encountered this same question while playing a couple of game of Letnisko yesterday. We played that the player with the President token placed their new guests in front/behind the old guests to help keep track. No old guests were displaced until the President used his power to lure extra guests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I acquired this game at Essen and I've been reading the English rules in parallel with the German rules. The German rules were written later, and according to the translator, some clarifications had been made after consultation with the designer regarding ambiguities in the English version.

For the timing of the president's abilities, the German rules translate to something like:

"As president, you go last in phase IIIb. You can then take any reserved vacationers that you can accommodate in your house(s) - vacationers you had reserved as well as any vacationers that were reserved by another player but which could not be accommodated. The president has the freedom to select which of these available vacationers he takes. Unreserved vacationers stay on the train."

For what it's worth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.