Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
White Noise
Beginning May 22
Mods: Butterbane and Moongoddess

In a world of chaos and confusion, such as ours, with so many voices coming at us at once, it is often difficult to distinguish which are real, which are in our heads and which are coming at us from the Beyond. There are those who not only hear the voices from Beyond, but also are able to use these messages to help the living: Grandmothers forgiving grandchildren, Lovers giving permission to move on, and warnings. This is your opportunity to be a part of it all, to be in the thick of thin things, to help or hinder.

PLAYERS!

·Damaging Spirits: These are they that kill the living, Listeners and Believers alike. They kill because they can. They are angry at the living for meddling in their world. Leave the dead alone. The dead take care of their own. Leave the dead alone. Everything in their world is seen by all residing there. They are the unofficial rulers of the Beyond. (No more than 3 per game. Classic Werewolf role with a twist.)

·Mischievous Spirits: These are they that agree with the Damaging Spirits. They want evil to win. They want the meddling to stop. They try to distract the Listeners with untruths, misinformation, and unnecessary tasks: Tell my mother I didn’t suffer, tell my grandmother I will see her soon, could you bring me a cheese sandwich? (Various in number, and anfractuous in nature, these would be the equivalent of Sorcerers. Maybe … quite possibly … but you never really know … cause they don’t have bodies.)

·Benevolent Spirits: These are they that still love the living. They don’t want to see Evil win. They try to communicate with the Listeners who the victim will be. Unfortunately, all Spirit communications are distorted through the EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) and both good and bad messages are sent to the Listeners, garbled and mixed up. (Also, various in number. Like guardian angles looking over the Village … never previously seen in a Werewolf game, but always there nonetheless.)

·Listeners: These are they that listen to the voices of the dead. Using televisions, radios, and computers they are able to pick up the voices of the Spirits through the static, through the snow, through the White Noise. Obsessed. Frazzled. Very few believe them. They are as confused at the messages they try to decipher. And driven mad trying to help everybody. (No more than 3 per game. This is a seer with bifocals. They can hear the voices of the Mischievous and Benevolent Spirits but not the Damaging Spirits. Their job is to make sense of the messages and save the victim.)

·Believers: Uhm … they believe? Everything. They are usually those who’ve lost someone to the Beyond. Through a desperate need to reconnect with those who’ve passed on they are willing to try anything. Séances. Ouiji boards. Psychic guides. Divination. Enchanters. Witches. Charmers. Necromancers. And now, with technology on their side, the EVP. And they always try to convert those who don’t yet believe. (Basic Villager.)

·Non-believers: These are they who don’t really care what happens after we die. They don’t believe that the dead communicate with the living. The want to live their lives in peace with their grief and to move on. They don’t want to be tied to the past. They let their dead go and are okay with that. They do believe that the Listeners are nuts! They believe that the Believers need medication. And they are ambivalent on who wins. Who cares! (Basic Villager/ cobbler. You don’t care who wins as long as you live. There’s always the possibility of conversion.)

PM Rights – All PM’s must be CC’d to MOD’S.

·Damaging Spirits: Communication between each other. If only one Damaging Spirit is in the game s/he must talk with him/herself only. PM the MOD’S with the night kill.

·Mischievous Spirits & Benevolent Spirits: Will receive a PM from the MOD’S with the victims name and then send back PM’s to the MOD’S with cryptic messages for the Listeners. Messages should be typed all in lowercase with no punctuation or paragraph separation.

·Listeners: Will get one PM from the MOD’S with all of the Spirit Communication. They can then PM each other to figure out who the victim is and then PM MOD’S with the solution. If they are correct, the victim lives. If they are wrong, the Damaging Spirits succeed in the killing.

·Believers: Talk to themselves – a LOT!

·Non-believers: Ditto!

Victory Conditions:

·Believers, Non-believers, Listeners, and Benevolent: When the Damaging Spirits are dead… you WIN!

·Damaging Spirits, Mischievous, and Non-believers: When the Listeners are dead … you WIN!

·If no one dies … this goes on … FOREVER! And we continue play at Sunnyville Sanitarium. Game time: always.

Lynching Rules:

·Person with the most votes at the end of the day is removed from the game or converted (see below).

·Ties are broken by longest held vote (LHV). If only two (2) people are up for lynch and everybody is voting and there’s an even number of people, then there is no lynch. We all go for donuts.

·Conversions (or, as we like to say, seeing the light): if a Non-believer is the one on the block (aka: to be lynched), they stand the chance of being converted to Believer. If they are converted, they loose vote privileges the next day as they must recuperate from the trauma.

·Roles will be revealed. All Spirit Roles will be revealed as “So-and-so the Spirit was disencorporated.” No mention of the Spirits alignment will be posted.

Posting Rules:

·Dead people get one obligatory zombie post.
·All votes must be BOLDED. If you’ve already voted, you must first UNVOTE and then VOTE.
·All votes must be posted before 8PM BGG.
·Any questions to the MODS should be in red.
·No conditional voting!!

Players:
·Min: 17
·Max: Max? What Max? I once had a dog named Max, does he count?

1. Munchwolf -- N1
2. Shugyosha -- N2
3. Seppi-- opted out
4. TheArchAngel -- D3
5. Dragonbane11 -- N6
6. Werefish -- D1
7. Janiera -- D4
8. Beowulf -- Made it out alive
9. Honeybane -- Made it out alive (barely)
20. Ithicks -- D2
31. Starbug -- D5
42. Path12 -- N3
53. Dturnerfish -- Made it out alive
64. Bluebehir -- Made it out alive
75. Geosmores -- D7
86. Tellania -- D6

People who want to play but may or may not be able to hear through the static, but will be remembered always:

1017. Royalflush - MIA

Lynch time:
·8PM BGG

Night orders:
·9PM BGG

Morning:
·11PM-ish BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: White Noise: Sign Up and Rules Discussion
This is my foot in the door ... saving space for ME -- because I know the MOD hardly ever gets a word in edgewise. -Butterbane (See. I'm already using it!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
think you've planned far enough ahead?

-Munch "I'm in" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
These are the dates the voices told me to go with. It was pureply coincidental that these were also the next available dates on the calendar.
Glad you're playing! -Emmy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This looks cool.

I think I am free then too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seppi
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
This looks very interesting.
I'll play if I'm still alive come May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm game ... count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kelley
United States
Fort wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am in

Shawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so there! ... oh wait, I have to be ... I'm modding laugh

*Moon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Rostoker
Canada
Gloucester
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THat movie was cool. Plus i once heard white noice!

Sign me up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I don't know if you have already thought about this, but Agnespoodle's game Antarctica II: Monroeville, PA had a bunch of stuff about communicating with the dead. I played in it: we were decyphering morse code and trying to read messages in amongst a bunch of hiss:
gzhhzzgzhhzghelloghhzzhhzhemmyghzzzzzhzhgghh

Ask him about it (or look it up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Rostoker
Canada
Gloucester
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:
I don't know if you have already thought about this, but Agnespoodle's game Antarctica II: Monroeville, PA had a bunch of stuff about communicating with the dead. I played in it: we were decyphering morse code and trying to read messages in amongst a bunch of hiss:

Hello he my?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the advice, Shugy. I'm probably need all the help I can get. I work under the assumption that the voices in my head are not real -- but they have some pretty nifty ideas. I'm nothing but a bundle of nerves and the game hasn't even started. Pretty pathetic, eh? Thanks for signing up. I think this will be really fun. Scary, but fun. -Emmy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sign me up... sounds interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
werefish wrote:
shugyosha wrote:

Hello he my?

hello Emmy, actually. But it is difficult to hear over the hiss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
May something, eh? Sure, I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Rostoker
Canada
Gloucester
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. Well thats neat!
Please sign me up asap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
You are already on my list, Werefishbaby. Counting on you being here to play. -Butterbane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb

Whsst, and away, and over the green,
Scampered a shape that never was seen.
It ran without sound, it ran without shadow,
Never a grass-blade, in unmown meadow
Stopped at the thistledown fall of its foot.
I watched it vanish, yet saw it not
A moment past, it had gazed at me;
Now nought but myself and the spindle tree,
A nothing! -- Of air? Of earth? Of sun?
From emptiness come, to vacancy gone!
Whsst, and away, and over the green,
Scampered a shape that never was seen.

-Walter de la Mare

Come and join us as we listen to what is not there, follow what cannot be seen and hold our breath in fear of what may be. I will save a place for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to chime in, this sounds very interesting, and probably quite fun.

I have not signed up because my availability will be lower in late May.

If I had initially known that War of the Witces was going to be late May, I probably wouldn't have signed up for it either.

Good Luck with your game! I'll know much later whether I will have the time to play this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Royalflush wrote:
Just to chime in, this sounds very interesting, and probably quite fun.

I have not signed up because my availability will be lower in late May.

If I had initially known that War of the Witces was going to be late May, I probably wouldn't have signed up for it either.

Good Luck with your game! I'll know much later whether I will have the time to play this game.

I understand. I too have a conflict with War of the Witches and am anticpating a long stay in a mental infirmary after the game concludes.

I do appreciate your opinion of my game and your vote of confidence and will therefore add you as Tentative Player #1017.

I will hold you to no promises but would love for you to play with us.

-Butterbane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
There came a gray owl at sunset,

There came a gray owl at sunset,

Hooting softly around me.

He brought terror to my heart.

-Southwest Tribes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds a lot of fun, but I'm already overcommitted for late May (Harry Potter, War of the Witches, and my Battlestar Galactica game).

Good luck with it!

And how sad is it that I know I'm overcommitted for online gaming 2 and a bit months ahead of time... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cast in darkness and shadow a lone figure screams into the void -- will anyone listen? Will anyone believe? It cannot be done alone! Are you willing to help? Are you willing to BELIEVE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Rittenhouse
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
zombie
oh hear the ghosts and the goblins cry... (courtesy of Heywood Banks)

Might look into this later on.. Gotta start with something a lil less involved first, though.. LOL

Hasta, Emmy!

~honeybane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.