Subject: Adventure 11: Flesh Golem Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken

Pdx
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We thought we would try a new tact than our usual "kill anything that moves" and see if we could pacify the Flesh Golem in adventure 11. We had a question and I can't find an answer on google or here.

Instead of attacking the Flesh Golem you can show him items. If you show him an item that calms him, does he still attack during his villain phase? We thought that if you were lucky enough to calm him, it seemed like he shouldn't attack. On the other hand it doesn't say that he won't attack during his villain phase if he is calmed. It just says if you get all three items you win the game.

If he still attacks then it seems like a poor strategy to go through the whole process to try to calm him unless you know which three items will calm him in advance. A decent party can take him down faster by just attacking with specialized attacks for maximum damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he still attacks after the first two times you calm him. The only thing calming does is get you ⅓ of the way to one of the two victory conditions of the adventure — after calming him a third time, you win.

Given that the golem has 10 HP, it seems like either condition is equally difficult, but you should probably focus on just one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken

Pdx
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I figured that is what it had to be. We were so close to taking this one....

In this instance when we lost we were in the unusual position of each of us having a pretty hefty attack still unusued, in the 2-3 damage range so it seemed like attacking him would have been easier plus we would have had an extra 6 treasures. But after really looking at it I can see where different situations will dictate what the best option is. I agree though, it is best to decide right off the bat which direction you think the party should go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.