5 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chain Lightning (source) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Tiller
Austria
flag msg tools
Spell Wording: "... attack against another target. The source of this attack is the just-damaged target, and the new target must be within range 0-1 and LoS of the source, ..."

If an object is destroyed by the Chain Lightning attack, can it be the source for the next attack (has a destroyed object range and/or LoS)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Gill
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got smashed, accept it :) btw I anyway would have prefered the Epic ending with the push against the wall too Lucky that you got out of that Geysiratrack with one live,...
Anyway thanks for one of the Most Epic Games in my Gamers History! Hope for a return match soon, May be till then you manage to put the lair back in your spellbook.
Back to the Question, its an interesting one eventhough i think it would be more thematic if the Lightning also jumps from an exploding Object, like it was in our game - chasing lightning-Mana cristal (exploded)-Mana cristal (exploded)- Enemy mage (final kill) =EPIC!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any thematic reason the lightening can't leap from the still twitching corpse on the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

However, you can break the chain by causing it to miss, for example revealing a block on a targeted creature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cook
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question and a comment:

With Reverse Attack, the previous target is retargeted (so let's say a 5 dice attack to creature A, then a 4 dice attack to creature B, which has Reverse Attack so turns into a 4 dice attack on creature A again). Since Chain Lightning can't target a creature it previously targeted, can it still bounce from A back to B again (with a 3 dice attack), or is B counted as having been targeted even though the attack was redirected?

Also, I hadn't previously noticed the FAQ comment that it doesn't stop when it hits 0 dice, as an attack can't drop below 1 die. It only stops when it runs out of targets. A couple of these would be very interesting against swarms with that in mind, even if they're strung out in several spaces. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.