United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see anywhere in the rulebook that says that you can't pay the trash cost of a card that you've accessed in Archives in order to trash it again. In most cases it'd be pointless, but not with Director Haas.

Everything in the rulebook just says to pay the trash cost and then move it to archives. Nothing says it can't already be in archives.

Is there a rule or an FAQ that I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
I can't see anywhere in the rulebook that says that you can't pay the trash cost of a card that you've accessed in Archives in order to trash it again. In most cases it'd be pointless, but not with Director Haas.

Everything in the rulebook just says to pay the trash cost and then move it to archives. Nothing says it can't already be in archives.

Is there a rule or an FAQ that I missed?

You can't trash something in Archives. Unless you have a card that breaks the rules, like Imp or Demolition Run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Archives: The Runner accesses all cards in Archives and any upgrades in its root. The Runner turns all cards faceup when accessing them, and does not need to keep them in order. The Runner steals all agendas in Archives and cannot trash cards that are already in Archives. After accessing Archives, all cards in Archives return to Archives faceup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imp/Demo Run cannot do it either. Director Haas is safe in archives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:

Not that I would want it to, but doesn't card text always take precedence over the rules?

Rules say you access cards in archives. Rules say you can't trash cards in archives.

Imp says you can trash cards you access, even if that card can't normally be trashed.

So should Imp be able to trash cards in Archives?

(It would be silly and probably not intended, I know)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Finally see it in the rulebook online, but missed it repeatedly in the physical rulebook. Maybe they added it later.

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Jennings
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SonnyDK wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

Not that I would want it to, but doesn't card text always take precedence over the rules?

Rules say you access cards in archives. Rules say you can't trash cards in archives.

Imp says you can trash cards you access, even if that card can't normally be trashed.

So should Imp/Demo Run be able to trash cards in Archives?

Cannot clauses override Can clauses.

Imp/Demo's text refers to cards that don't have a trash cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Demolition Run doesn't even let you run on Archives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
Demolition Run doesn't even let you run on Archives.

True dat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thornby
United Kingdom
University of Warwick
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is where Record Reconstructor from the forthcoming Spin Cycle comes in handy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trithne wrote:
SonnyDK wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

So should Imp/Demo Run be able to trash cards in Archives?

Cannot clauses override Can clauses.

Imp/Demo's text refers to cards that don't have a trash cost.

Only reason I see it as possible is, you can not normally trash cards in the Archives, and the card text clearly says "trash cards you cannot normally trash" but i honestly am fine with it not letting you either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:
Only reason I see it as possible is, you can not normally trash cards in the Archives, and the card text clearly says "trash cards you cannot normally trash" but i honestly am fine with it not letting you either.

The FAQ entry says that "cannot normally be trashed" is referring to lack of a trash can icon, not ALL of the ways in which the card cannot normally be trashed. Without this FAQ, I would agree with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the most recent FAQ addresses this explicitly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.