Chuck Schneider
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the changes I've noticed in v4.01 (BTW, it would be helpful to have a list highlighting the changes from 4.0 to 4.01) is the addition of 6.6e which reads "Defensive Op Sheets when drawn may only specify locations that are held or are 'behind friendly lines.' Players will need to use common sense here."

This would seem to invalidate the standard operating procedure of accruing time on a Defensive Op Sheet for the objective of your current Attack Op Sheet (a tactic which is still mentioned earlier in 6.6 and in the Design Note that follows 6.6e). But my common sense is telling me that the intent here is to prevent gamey tactics like using a Defensive Op sheet with prelim instructions to seize unoccupied territory, not to prevent advance planning to defend the objective of your Attack Op Sheet once its captured.

Is my common sense leading my astray or am I interpreting the designers intent correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Richards
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules still have the same Design Note about a defensive order accruing time during an attack, so I guess you're interpreting the designer's intent the same way I do.

I agree highlighted changes would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minggu Wang
China
Chongqing Municipality
Chongqing
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it should be "when implemented" not "when drawn "here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Forester
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuck your common sense is correct. Consider it behind friendly lines when implemented, so it is fully proper and correct (and a great idea) to create a hasty defense or even prep defense to follow up an attack. But in that window between declaring the attack op sheet completed and implementing the defensive op sheet is a nice counterattack window...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.