Hide
4 Posts

Dungeon Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: The warrior, shifting floor tiles, and monster tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ariel Donovan
msg tools
I was playing through my first game of Dungeon Heroes and ran into a slightly confusing situation:

The warrior moved onto and revealed a shifting floor tile.
The Hero Player chose a direction (onto an unrevealed dungeon tile).
The warrior moved onto the new tile and it was revealed to be an Orc.

In this situation, does the warrior take 5 damage for landing on an unrevealed monster via the shifting floor tile, or does he not take damage and kill the Orc because of the warrior's special ability?

Thanks!

P.S.
We really like the game so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
zaraeda wrote:
I was playing through my first game of Dungeon Heroes and ran into a slightly confusing situation:

The warrior moved onto and revealed a shifting floor tile.
The Hero Player chose a direction (onto an unrevealed dungeon tile).
The warrior moved onto the new tile and it was revealed to be an Orc.

In this situation, does the warrior take 5 damage for landing on an unrevealed monster via the shifting floor tile, or does he not take damage and kill the Orc because of the warrior's special ability?

Thanks!

P.S.
We really like the game so far!

Hey,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. In that situation the warrior would not take damage and he would kill the Orc. essentially the shifting floor tile will not change the the regular rules of play. Same goes for whether the tiles are revealed or not, that wont change the warriors ability.

hope that helps! Thanks for writing in and enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel Donovan
msg tools
Thank you for the prompt response!

Would the act of killing the monster take another action if an action is available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
No, when the Warrior moves onto a tile with a monster, the monster(s) are killed as a free action.

This is even the case during the aggressive phase if say, the Warrior moved onto an unrevealed tile with a monster on it, the monster would die, the tile would be revealed and if it were also a monster it would die as well, no additional actions charged to the Hero player.

The ONLY time it would cost an action for the Warrior to kill a monster is if the warrior started the turn sharing a square with a monster and wanted to kill the monster WITHOUT moving.

Let me know if I can help in any other way. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.