Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game three of the evening was Tichu. I had tried it out with the wife and a few friends, but it hadn’t clicked as much with the wife. I brought it to BGN in the hopes of a better reception. Everyone did like it, even given the final score of 1005 (Beckwith and I) to -25 (Pez and John).

After the obligatory teaching by me, we randomly drew teams. I called a little Tichu on the first hand. I totally misplayed it, following up my bomb with a 3 of a kind, instead of dumping one of my bad cards (I was holding a 4 and a 6). I also used my bomb right away, hoping to keep the lead, another error. I should have let the other team take the lead for a trick or two, letting them drain their hands of good cards, then controlling the end of the hand. I got set, as I couldn’t regain the lead. Hand 1 Us 0, them 0. (We took all 100 pts, thanks to my partner).

Hand 2 we took 95 to their 5.

We continued to control the game, with a big Tichu and a sweep of all 100 pts. The game continued at this pace, with us at 745 to their 55. We ended the game with another Tichu, and continual sweeps of the 100 pts.

Final score 1005 to -25.

I’ll bring the game again and hope to get some more plays in before BGG.con just in case Derk’s got a tourney planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeno Szabo
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
should not the sum of the points be divisible by 100?
it questions the accuracy of the report.
maybe you did not even play tichu! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once we hit the 1000 point mark, the other team stopped counting their points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And frankly, to suggest I made up a session report is pretty rude.

And if you think about it, just plain stupid. Who would go through the effort for 1 lousey geek gold? Post a pic, it's a hell of alot less work.

And Europeans say we're rude.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Easton
United States
Casey
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the little devil face meant he was joking at least somewhat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The scores should definitely add up to a number evenly divisible by 100, however, when you first start playing it's not uncommon for people to get outta whack on the scoring front, especially when one team is negative.

And 'round here, please try to assume people are joking until you have a more clear cut example that they're not. And please try not to make fun of non-US people, unless they're Canadians of course. Keep in mind that they may not speak English as a primary language, especially the Canadians...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All good points Dirk, I appologize for any slight, intended or otherwise to anyone not canadian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeno Szabo
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really joking. However I used to be misunderstood even when I write in Hungarian. Sorry about that. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem Jeno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.