Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Manns
United States
Cape Coral
FL
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not sure where this question should be posted.
What I would like to do is run a Board game auction here on the geek.
The problem is....I have no idea how to do this.
Is there some info I can read? Please help.
Thanks

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't really see a sticky for geekbay auctions.

Basically what you do is set up a geeklist with the items that you want to sell, and in the main description for the geeklist you put the rules (shipping, bid amounts, timing, etc...). You also have to specify that the actual transactions will take place in the marketplace.

If you go to the "Geekbay" forums, just look at what other people are doing in their auctions. You should be able to figure it out pretty quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
part of the answer- read Brian's instructions here:

auction metalist

& some of the info here:

Seller info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy. Official Info.

An auction on BGG is a fairly casual thing.

It's made up of two core parts:

1. An advert posted in geekbay with a link to your geeklist auction.
2. A Geeklist where you add items and people bid in the comments.

In the header of the Geeklist you put your rules. Most importantly is when it will end, reserves, bid increments, a commitment to put sales through the BGG marketplace, how PnP works, where you willing to sell to/send to and any other rules/information you want to make clear.

When your auction ends you put successful items on the market place for the winning amount and send the link to the winning bidder. They pay you and you send out the item. When it's over you can both give feedback.

BGG will GM you a bill for 3% of the cost of the items sold (mostly payed via paypal). There is no charge for items that don't sell.

Also it's best to add your auction to MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that I'll add to what Liam said is that you have the option of making a single Marketplace listing under Miscellaneous Game Accessory for the grand total of all the paid winning bids. You can send Octavian the link to that listing to "buy" it. The system will calculate your commission total and you can pay it when it's over $2.00. If anyone wants their individual transactions tracked through the system you can set it up with them as a one-way trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.