Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our fourth meeting will be this Friday (March 3, 2006) at 8pm-1am in New Brunswick. The address of Sanctuary Cafe is:

135 Hamilton St.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Tel: 732-846-3393

From the Google Map it looks like the cafe is close to the intersection of Hamilton St. and Easton Ave. Gene suggested to find parking on Hamilton St. and if that doesn't work to try the nearest lot, Ferren Deck (off of Church St, will cost about $5.50 to $6.50).

All are welcome to join us.

As far as what we will play, I am flexible. I'd like to try a 3-player game of Caylus before I forget the rules completely at some point. I'll also bring Bang! and a 2-player game for a bit more range.

The previous thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/99260

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Albala
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for showing up guys. Everyone else SUCKS! yeah, you heard me!

Here's the little report:
Mitch and I were there first. The cafe is excellent, I must say. Their hummus was very satisfying, so I highly recommend it. Anyway, we chatted a bit with the hopes that others would show up. The Princeton crowd (Karl, Erin, Shu) all ditched me this time, lame lame people! George arrived and that's when we pulled out Caylus. It took me the usual 15-20 min to set up and explain it all. I waited a bit too long to build, George made some mistake earlier on, and well, Mitch did a great job in building some buildings that we all kept using. He had an early lead and he finsihed about 10 points ahead of George. George did stage a come back, by building a residence and then a blue building worth a whopping 25 points in the end, but it was too late. I tried to recover by building more in the castle and utilizing the royal favors, but it was way too late for that. Still, I think I scored higher than the previous two times I played, so I must be improving, somewhat... Then we had an hour until George had to catch his train, so we decided to play Lunch Money. Mitch explained the rules in 2 minutes and we were off. I died really early in the first game. Then George took out Mitch. It was bloody. Second time I managed to survive a lot longer and caused some serious damage on the other little girls. I think I even killed George, right? Then Mitch finished me off! But what a blast! I'd like to see how this game compares to Kung Fu Fighting or similar silly card games...

It was a small yet very enjoyable gaming session! Thanks a lot for playing. And those who did not show up, well, did I mention that you suck? yuk

next time will be a Princeton Wednesday in two weeks.

until then... cheers!

blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emi bloomberg
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
can i come too?? to like..the next meeting??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
piroko wrote:
can i come too?? to like..the next meeting??

Of course. Please do come, join us. I will add you to the email list. ANYONE from BGG is welcome to come play games with us The more the merrier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Albala
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bluepigeon wrote:
The cafe is excellent, I must say. Their hummus was very satisfying, so I highly recommend it.

Is it very tahinish? And how's the garlic factor?

Quote:
Then we had an hour until George had to catch his train, so we decided to play Lunch Money. Mitch explained the rules in 2 minutes and we were off. I died really early in the first game. Then George took out Mitch. It was bloody.

I came close to winning, but I got dogpiled by the newbs. Good game.

Quote:
I'd like to see how this game compares to Kung Fu Fighting or similar silly card games...

Kung Fu Fighting (and En Garde) are mechanically similar to Lunch Money. The former two games have a bit more depth. I think you'd like them. I know I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very tahini-ish, which is a plus in my book (I hate hummus with sour cream! or with fat free yogurt. real hummus should have either tahini or whole yogurt! of course, real hummus should also have lots of garlic, but I was kind of glad this one didn't!) There is a real hummus place in NYC, I can try to remember where it is if you are interested. It's the real deal, hummus served warm and everything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be at the next Wednesday meeting in Princeton. I paln on being early and bringing Arkham Horror, unless no one else cares to play. It will accomodate 8 but I think 4-5 would be better. I would also like to play Citadels again. Blue Moon will also be brought along for anyone who would like to try it. The rules are short and sweet. Blue is not allowed to play Blue Moon, I may never get the cards back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Albala
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bluepigeon wrote:
very tahini-ish, which is a plus in my book (I hate hummus with sour cream! or with fat free yogurt. real hummus should have either tahini or whole yogurt! of course, real hummus should also have lots of garlic, but I was kind of glad this one didn't!) There is a real hummus place in NYC, I can try to remember where it is if you are interested. It's the real deal, hummus served warm and everything...

Oh, no question that tahini should be used. I just don't like when there's too much of it. If you could remember the restaurant, that would be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Albala
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XIII wrote:
Blue Moon will also be brought along for anyone who would like to try it. The rules are short and sweet. Blue is not allowed to play Blue Moon, I may never get the cards back.

I'd love to try Blue Moon. It had alot of buzz when I was at Spiel, but I dint get a chance to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be sure to bring Blue Moon along. My 10 year old loves the game and wants nme to purchase some expansions. He is starting to pick up the nuances of some of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/103119

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.