9 Posts

The Resistance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question. Plot Cards, draw all then distribute or one at a time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Lundström
Sweden
flag msg tools
Usually this might not make a lot of difference (or maybe it does...).
When the leader is supposed to draw Plot Cards, can he/she look at all of them before distributing? Or do you have to make a choice for the first card before moving on to the next?

We use the first option as of now, that the leader may look at all cards before making a decision. How do you guys figure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you draw them all, then distribute them all. But I don't have a rulebook to back this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Silverstein
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I usually look at the first one, hand it out, then look at the second, hand it out. I think I may switch over to the way you play because there is a bit more strategy involved and less luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
I believe you draw them all, then distribute them all. But I don't have a rulebook to back this up.

Check the images section and find:

EDIT:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been multiple threads on this topic. It is a complicated answer. No one plays it exactly the same way. (The real answer is to just play Avalon.) I think what it is is you draw all 3 plot cards at the same time, give them out, then resolve them going left from the leader. But I honestly can't remember, since I never play with plot cards. Go check out older threads on this topic for more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whoa whoa! We were playing leader draws one card, looks at it, and gives it to any player (except him/herself). The next round, a new leader is selected/chosen, and he/she does the same thing. Is this wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. The right way is to play Avalon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
felipe1982 wrote:
whoa whoa! We were playing leader draws one card, looks at it, and gives it to any player (except him/herself). The next round, a new leader is selected/chosen, and he/she does the same thing. Is this wrong?

My physical second edition says that, at the start of each round, the leader draws 1 plot card for 5-6 players, 2 for 7-8, 3 for 9-10 and distribute them to the other players. It includes a reminder that there are only five rounds.

So, round 1, the first leader draws the appropriate number of plot cards and hands them out, then there are up to 5 team proposals, then the mission goes ahead (or Spies win by default), then the new round starts with a new leader (or in 5 player, possibly the same leader again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Reading the example and assuming it is written as if it was actually taking place real time and being documented as it goes:

1) Reader drew both cards.
2) Handed out one card which is an immediate use card and it gets used NOW before the next card.
3) The 2nd card is handed out.

Re: Avalon, I will be playing with a large all new group and will play this version with the plot cards to stay away from Merlin/Assassin possible challenges. At least in the 1st game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.