Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Ho
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have any of you experienced a timing issue with Master Baker and Baker? It has to do with how the iOS version handles the harvest steps. They have each person Field, Feed, Breed in turn order, so a player goes through all 3 steps and then next person does the same.

Assume a 4 player game and it's start of harvest.

Player A has Baker and Stone Oven. 0 grain in personal supply, 3 sown grains in 1 field.
Player B has Master Baker and Clay Oven. 0 grain in personal supply, 3 sown grains in 1 field.

This is the way I believe it should work:

The field phase happens for everyone, so Player A AND B should have 1 grain each after field phase. Player A then bakes for 4 food at the start of feeding using Baker. This should then allow Player B to bake with Master Baker for 5 food.

I think in the iOS version, because of how the harvest is handled, this would happen:

Player A proceeds through field phase and at start of feeding, bakes the 1 grain he just harvested. Game now checks to see if Player B wants to bake, but he has no grain (hasn't performed field phase of harvest). This could lead to issues where you were counting on feeding your family using the bake action on the grain you should've been able to bake.

Anyone have this happen to them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not run across the situation, but I believe your interpretation is correct.

The game seems to be implementing the timing of the harvest wrong. The rules specify that all players do the field phase, then all players feed, then all players breed.

They could do a workaround by letting Master Baker "save" the bake action until the feeding phase, but it would be better to just run through the harvest in the correct order. As they add more cards we're going to start to run into more occasions where this distinction matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.