Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
116 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Storage solutions for attack-wing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
For x-wing I was using the Plano Molding 5231 Double Cover Stow N Go Organizer, Porche Red that I bought off of amazon. Other than the movement templates and tokens, I am not sure if these ships will be the best to store in this organizer. Wanted to start this thread and get the brainstorming on this topic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I am leaning towards the 5231. I will be getting just one of each expansion so it should last a while even with 24 planned expansions in the first 6 months.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Agreed. I just can't think or have seen anything better than this. Was just worried about the different shapes and sizes of the ships however, since this comes with adjustable dividers, hopefully this won't be an issue. What about foam inserts maybe? Was using bubble wrap for my x-wing minis..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Andrew, what do you recommend?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure, Jeffrey, but based on this thread I may pick up the 5231 and see how it all fits when I get my copy!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah this maybe the best option we have for now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just kept the original packaging and a cardboard box. Takes up a lot more room but it works for me so far.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Talking about this? Plano Molding 5231 Double Cover Stow N Go Organizer
http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding-5231-Double-Organizer/dp...

Also there is a bigger one, 5232, better?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This worked great for X-Wing. Four trays, adjustable, and a deep top area for a Death Star and a planet. It would easily hold STAW.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKTO/ref=oh_details_o...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashen von Ragend
Austria
Wien / Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly those Plano boxes don't seem to be available in Europe. What storage solution do you use, fellow EU gamers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Holy hell that's big. Same size as two Plano 5231s?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhatRam32 wrote:
Holy hell that's big. Same size as two Plano 5231s?


Its not really that much bigger than my other Plano boxes, a bit taller is all. four adjustable trays, and a very nice deep upper cabinet that can hold all sorts of stuff. I have 25 SW ships in there, and could hold multiple Wave 3 as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
This might work. Not sure if some of the wider ships will fit though. http://www.amazon.com/Art-Super-Satchel-Removable-Divider/dp...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Phillips
United States
BLUE SPRINGS
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealth7 wrote:
This worked great for X-Wing. Four trays, adjustable, and a deep top area for a Death Star and a planet. It would easily hold STAW.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKTO/ref=oh_details_o...


Along the same lines, I'm using this box for my X-Wing and I'm very pleased.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding-Company-728-000-Angled/d...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Knight
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hecubus667 wrote:

Along the same lines, I'm using this box for my X-Wing and I'm very pleased.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding-Company-728-000-Angled/d...


Invisible hand just popped up saying you can get that bad boy for $16 here:

http://www.meijer.com/s/plano-728-000-pro-system-tackle-box-...

Dunno who Meijer are what with living in the UK, but that's a mighty fine box for that price
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizzwang wrote:
hecubus667 wrote:

Along the same lines, I'm using this box for my X-Wing and I'm very pleased.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding-Company-728-000-Angled/d...


Invisible hand just popped up saying you can get that bad boy for $16 here:

http://www.meijer.com/s/plano-728-000-pro-system-tackle-box-...

Dunno who Meijer are what with living in the UK, but that's a mighty fine box for that price


That case is a lot smaller than it looks like. Walmart also carrys them.
(Meijer is a sort of small Walmart-type store in the US)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the 5231 hold the ships and the cardboard pieces, cards, etc?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Campbell
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 5231 sitting here in wait, excited for when my Attack Wing order arrives next week. I had to order something else and needed to get to $25 for free shipping, so I took the blind plunge on the 5231 working for Attack Wing since it's widely used for X-Wing.

-Sean
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
My only concern with this is with some of the wider ships like the enterprise D and the valdore class ships..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yep tried out one of my enterprise D tactics sets that happened to be loose w/o the peg and used this as a test to see if the plano 5231 would work and well did not get it to fit very well. The top layer of this unit is not deep or wide enough for some of the ships. The bottom layer is ok however for a long term storage unit it may not be the best. I have the Art Bin Super Satchel Removable Divider Box which i stored my tactics sets and it works perfectly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PhatRam32 wrote:
Yep tried out one of my enterprise D tactics sets that happened to be loose w/o the peg and used this as a test to see if the plano 5231 would work and well did not get it to fit very well. The top layer of this unit is not deep or wide enough for some of the ships. The bottom layer is ok however for a long term storage unit it may not be the best. I have the Art Bin Super Satchel Removable Divider Box which i stored my tactics sets and it works perfectly.


Which one is this? Is it this one from Joanns website? http://www.joann.com/artbin-super-satchel-box-with-removable...

That seems like it will only hold a few ships and not many components. Is there another one? Since Joanns has all their storage bins on sale for 50% off, I'd like to get one there. Are there any, looking at their website, that would hold all a bunch of ships (base plus all expansions and more) plus all the other components?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is the best I could find and yes that's it. The Plano 5231 holds all the components fine but not the ships. Will keep looking though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
Right now I am leaning towards the 5231. I will be getting just one of each expansion so it should last a while even with 24 planned expansions in the first 6 months.


Thats what I got for my Attack Wing set. Its fairly full already after just buying one of everything. The ships are bigger then those in X-Wing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Campbell
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batman15 wrote:
Mundane wrote:
Right now I am leaning towards the 5231. I will be getting just one of each expansion so it should last a while even with 24 planned expansions in the first 6 months.


Thats what I got for my Attack Wing set. Its fairly full already after just buying one of everything. The ships are bigger then those in X-Wing.


So do you have the ships in the 5231 as well? I'm confused because PhatRam said they wouldn't fit but your post suggests you have everything in there. At first glance it looked as if the larger ships would still fit fine in the bottom compartment.

-Sean
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can't get them to fit in the top compartment..aside from the components and tokens. The bottom layer Should be able to fit some of the bulkier ships. Batman 515, correct me if I am wrong though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.