United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Friday at lunch, VuDuJoie introduced a group of us (three to be exact) to Geschenkt. A simple card and chip game to be sure, but one made all the more enjoyable by a slight mistake in the explanation.

As we gathered at Games, Comics, and Stuff for our gaming session, VuDuJoie explained that the cards, numbered between 3 and 35, we between 3 and 55. I don't know if that registered with me when we started bidding to avoid getting the big point cards, but I suppose it was in the back of my mind. Stephen and VuDuJoie ended up with some big point cards early on and I was able to work my 27 down to 24 and to nab the four on a draw. Both Stephen and VuDuJoie worked their cards down as well, but had three or four to work with where I was able to limit mine to two.

At the end of the game, I had 27 points where my compatriots were in the 60s with their cards, a rare win for me. Stephen pointed out that we were told that the cards were to go up to 55, which they did not. I had never played the game before and my strategy was to cross that bridge when the cards showed up. Fortunately for me, they never did.

Geschenkt was a fun game for three and I look forward to playing it at lunch again soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.