Subject: Free insurance through USPS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno if anyone posted this. but starting today, all packages sent priority mail comes with $50 free insurance. Pretty good for us board gamers that trade alot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
SeerMagic wrote:
Dunno if anyone posted this. but starting today, all packages sent priority mail comes with $50 free insurance. Pretty good for us board gamers that trade alot.

Anyone claimed against that before? How painful is it, if you've had to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they started marking priority with target dates

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

The one time I tried to file a claim, it was for damage during transit.

Basically, their insurance doesn't cover damage. If it was damaged during shipping, it was (for all practical purposes) always due to inadequate packaging.

USPS insurance really only covers you if they absolutely lose the package.

I never buy any insurance on this sort of thing any more. Nor extended warranties. Better to just pay for the very rare lost package or repair when it happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DigitalMan wrote:
bippi wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

The one time I tried to file a claim, it was for damage during transit.

Basically, they're insurance doesn't cover damage. If it was damaged during shipping, it was (for all practical purposes) always due to inadequate packaging.

USPS insurance really only covers you if they absolutely lose the package.

I never buy any insurance on this sort of thing any more. Nor extended warranties. Better to just pay for the very rare lost package or repair when it happens.

I can try to answer the question because I asked a USPS post office worker what the insurance covered. Basically, if your package gets lost and it is insured, you have to produce a receipt of purchase and they will refund you the amount you paid for the item/s per the receipt. So, for most trades I don't purchase/need the insurance unless I have the receipt of when I purchased the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.