BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: Austin, TX Brewery hosting Board Game night- Friday 8/2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Johnson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey guys! I am a super lurker here. My brother is user 'tallgrant' who is a heavy user. I am a marketing director at a brewery here in Austin, TX. We are hosting our third game night at the brewery.

We'd love to see some new faces there. The brewery is technically in Austin from being annexed, but the address still reflects Pflugerville... It's a bit odd.

The brewery is Rogness Brewing (www.rognessbrewing.com). We have picnic tables set-up inside and outside the brewery for your gaming
pleasure, as well as a range of our craft beers on tap for purchase
to drink as you play.

The brewery will be available from 4pm-9pm for gaming.

Bring your own games, and feel free to bring food as well! Dungeon Masters are also welcome!

This is a family-friendly event, and children are welcome to attend. I'll keep an eye on the thread if you guys have questions! Hope to see some on y'all there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for posting. We just moved to Round Rock from South Austin so this could be convenient for us. Any plans to add weeknights or a Sat/Sun afternoon in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
I am totally down to coming to one of your game nights. This week(2nd) conflicts with the Austin Board Game Bash...But I'll try to make the next one for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
lumberjackgreg wrote:
My brother is user 'tallgrant' who is a heavy user.

Not quite sure I'm that heavy of a user. I get some geek cred among my acquaintances, but until I pass 200 games I think I'm more moderate.

Greg is super into beer and you can trust his advice on that particular front. But if he offers to play Junta with you, I wouldn't trust him farther than you can throw a keg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tallgrant wrote:
lumberjackgreg wrote:
My brother is user 'tallgrant' who is a heavy user.

Not quite sure I'm that heavy of a user. I get some geek cred among my acquaintances, but until I pass 200 games I think I'm more moderate.

Greg is super into beer and you can trust his advice on that particular front. But if he offers to play Junta with you, I wouldn't trust him farther than you can throw a keg.

I assumed he was calling you fat.

Greg, is your beer distributed strictly locally, or does it travel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Johnson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Currently, we are distributed in the 4 major cities (regions) in Texas. So look for us in Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Where are you located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, if only I still was going to school in Georgetown. Sounds fun! I've never tried your beer, but I'll have to check it out. Looks like it is sold up here in Denton...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rogness beer rocks. I'm sure someone from here will bring up some for the BGG.Con Beer-trade...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to stop by sometime and try the beer (I'm a stout guy, so props to you for having one!) and maybe get some gaming in. I'm afraid I won't make it this time for the gaming but perhaps the next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! I used to live pretty close to there.

Do note that this Friday is the first night of the Austin Board Game Bash, a weekend board game convention. Don't lose hope if turnout is lower than you'd like this time, as people may have prior gaming commitments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Pflugerville is considered part of Austin, then a certain capitol city has gotten too big for its britches since I last lived there in the 80's. OTOH, beer and games are certainly to be encouraged. Have Grant or DavidK (Shadowen) bring some product to BGGCon, ya hear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just Austin that's grown. Pflugerville is a city now. In the ten years I lived there, it grew from 20k something to over 50 thousand people. With the tollway going through the "center" of town (to the east of anything that existed in the 80s), it has a huge area to grow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that the Austin Boardgame Bash does not offer a one day pass (I can only go on Saturday this year) and parking is not going to be free this event (much closer to my home in RR)is suddenly looking much more attractive. Maybe I'll drop by for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Digren wrote:
It's not just Austin that's grown. Pflugerville is a city now. In the ten years I lived there, it grew from 20k something to over 50 thousand people. With the tollway going through the "center" of town (to the east of anything that existed in the 80s), it has a huge area to grow.

TOLLWAY-you mean PAYING to USE the road? Now, the Yankee Carpetbaggers have totally taken over arrrh

Totally off topic, but boy, do I feel old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK WADDLE
United States
Austin
texAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am recovering from very nasty bug at the moment but def want to come to this sometime !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davido wrote:
Digren wrote:

TOLLWAY-you mean PAYING to USE the road? Now, the Yankee Carpetbaggers have totally taken over arrrh

Totally off topic, but boy, do I feel old.

The toll roads are Rick Perry's darlings. =p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
130 is, but 45 is an Austin thing. Both have been badly bungled.

Is this Brewery Game Night happening again soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will try to get some of your brews for BGG Con beer trade in November. Does HEB sell your beer? Can I get it at the 685 and Pecan location?

Would love to hit a game night there sometime. Do you have... um.... er.... free samples ?? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also love to try the beer sometime and make it out for another game night. Please post when you have another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Johnson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm happy to let y'all know this Friday night there's another game night at the Rogness Brewery! You can get some details here- http://www.rognessbrewing.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=180490

Or ask me and I'll let you know what I know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.