Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Williams
United States
Capital Region
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't help but notice the online retailer I regularly use (CSI) significantly increased the prices on most of the SW:XW expansion packs. For example, I ordered an A-wing from them 2 weeks ago (it arrived last week) and I paid $9.99. I revisited their website when I got an email that the Tie Fighter expansions were back in and was shocked to see the A-wings were now $14.99 and the Tie Fighters were a whopping $19.99, which is significantly more than Amazon.com. (So, I deleted my CSI shopping cart and ordered from Amazon this time.)

Does anybody know if this is an "across the board" price increase from FF or just a retailer trying to capitalize on demand and gouge their customers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IT is not a permanent price increase.

CoolStuff from time to time has to go to alternate distributors who may have a higher base price. This occurred during the TIE-Interceptor issue and they explained the increase.

I cannot explain the TIE fighter why only that one model, but im sure it has to do with product source as i mentioned.

mtgjudge wrote:

Does anybody know if this is an "across the board" price increase from FF or just a retailer trying to capitalize on demand and gouge their customers?

You should send them an email first instead of comming here with speculative assumptions.

CoolStuffs reputation is pretty much impeccable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the MSRP for all small ships has always been $14.99. I've seen the prices all over the place, depending on how readily available the ships are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
mtgjudge wrote:
I couldn't help but notice the online retailer I regularly use (CSI) significantly increased the prices on most of the SW:XW expansion packs. For example, I ordered an A-wing from them 2 weeks ago (it arrived last week) and I paid $9.99. I revisited their website when I got an email that the Tie Fighter expansions were back in and was shocked to see the A-wings were now $14.99 and the Tie Fighters were a whopping $19.99, which is significantly more than Amazon.com. (So, I deleted my CSI shopping cart and ordered from Amazon this time.)

Still 14.99 MSRP around here, CSI is up charging for stuff that people want for "army building". Their prices have slowly been increasing, and their formerly prompt shipping times for me have started to lag, I've been going to Miniature Market for most of my stuff now.

They're all under 10 bucks on there, even the interceptor. CSI is just raking people over the coals for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It gouging. CSI is strange - they had the A-wings and Interceptors listed on their Amazon store for $15 plus shipping, but like you, I ordered several from them direct for $10 a few weeks ago. At the time, they were one of the few who had any in stock, and could have easily sold them for MSRP, but chose to discount them anyway. And now they're selling them above MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
IT is not a permanent price increase.

CoolStuff from time to time has to go to alternate distributors who may have a higher base price. This occurred during the TIE-Interceptor issue and they explained the increase.

I cannot explain the TIE fighter why only that one model, but im sure it has to do with product source as i mentioned.

mtgjudge wrote:

You should send them an email first instead of comming here with speculative assumptions.

CoolStuffs reputation is pretty much impeccable.

That makes sense. Most places either gouge or discount, so I found it odd that CSI has a pattern of both. But they still shouldn't be selling (or buying) above MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps any.. we have several expansions on hand and we have *not* increased our price marks.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
Director of Operations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it amusing that someone can accuse on-line retailers, who sell things signifigantly below MSRP all the time, to be price gouging. Particularly when they still remain below retail...

If you don't like the price, don't buy it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
karlhiesterman wrote:
I find it amusing that someone can accuse on-line retailers, who sell things signifigantly below MSRP all the time, to be price gouging. Particularly when they still remain below retail...

$20 for the small ships is NOT below retail.

But you're right in that there should be a differentiation between selling for $5 over MSRP and selling for 5 or 6 times MSRP like a bunch of scumbags were doing right before the Wave 2 reprints hit. That's gouging (though I hope they didn't actually sell any at that price).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutledge Merritt
msg tools
Someone might want to go check their prices, both are at retail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PlayInTraffic wrote:
Someone might want to go check their prices, both are at retail...

MSRP for all the small ship expansions is $14.99:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

CSI is currently selling the Tie Fighter & Y-Wing for $19.99:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165104
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165107

I don't know what you're referring to, but that's what I was talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just happy that all these wonderful ships are now back in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
Capital Region
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlhiesterman wrote:

When I created this post I was not "shooting from the hip" and accusing anyone of price gouging. I was asking a question to a group whom I thought would be more informed than I about the pricing patterns.

I find it interesting that the the two "trollish" posts got the most thumbs on this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tattersall
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I gave up on this game because of a lack of availability and ridiculous cost of the expansions. If you think it's bad in America, try buying them in England - average price for a small ship is £20, up to £30-£40 if the product is hard to find, yes I mean A-wings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevetat1975 wrote:
I gave up on this game because of a lack of availability and ridiculous cost of the expansions. If you think it's bad in America, try buying them in England - average price for a small ship is £20, up to £30-£40 if the product is hard to find, yes I mean A-wings.

We can ship to the UK.. if that helps you any.

A lot more restocks are in the works at FFG.

The main problem was that FFG was preparing for a tornado of orders.. they got hit by a typhoon instead.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS Online Gaming Store
Director of Operations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herbert Griffin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Not sure if it's old news or relevant, but check your local Target store. I found the core game on clearance for $19.99. Maybe they are selling the expansions cheaper as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TouchMySusu wrote:
Not sure if it's old news or relevant, but check your local Target store. I found the core game on clearance for $19.99. Maybe they are selling the expansions cheaper as well.

Target doesn't stock the expansions.

The least obvious place to look for expansions outside of online retailers and your FLGS is Barns and Noble. They stock all aspects of the game made by FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Targets in San Diego seem to still have Core sets at $40. Guess they're not clearing them out yet down here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haven't found any core sets here in Oklahoma that are on sale, all still $40

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warrior Lacrosse
msg tools
Core sets at my local target in Orlando just hit 70% clearance. $11.98 and I couldn't pass that deal up even though I can't ever see myself running the amount of X-Wings and Ties I now have. Keep checking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lando
msg tools
I am not even sure why people are complaining. You don't complain about $10 hot dogs at the stadium, you either buy it or wait two hours and buy one outside for $5. Supply and demand is huge and everyone complains when prices are high because demand is high and supply is low. Six months from now, you will be able to find bombers for cheap (probably) just like I saw a wall full of nothing but Y-Wings last December and no X-Wings or Ties.

If you don't like the price, vote with your wallet and spend your money elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.