Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oly Sibthorpe
United Kingdom
Southend-On-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It has been suggested that the BGG entries for Cube Quest and for Cube Quest (the original prototype version) should be merged together.

Although they are fundamentally the same game some of the rules and different.
Still, it sounds like a good idea to me but can anyone explain what happens exactly and how it is done please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they probably should merge.

But how you actually do it is beyond my ken. Contacting Octavian might be a good idea. He deals with that sort of stuff, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
okicoki wrote:
It has been suggested that the BGG entries for Cube Quest and for KingBrick (the original prototype version) should be merged together.

Although they are fundamentally the same game some of the rules and different.

Still, it sounds like a good idea to me but can anyone explain what happens exactly and how it is done please?

How you (or anyone else) can suggest this is to submit a correction by clicking on that link at the upper-right of the game page. Explain your position, detailing why the games should be merged. We'll look into the games, consider the source and reasons for merging, then decide what to do.

If you, the designer, think that the games are essentially the same – say with only 5% difference – then yes, they should probably be merged onto the same page. Merging takes a little work to make sure everything ends up in the right place with the right names, but it's far easier than splitting an entry into two entries – which is why when Gamewright announced Cube Quest in early 2013, I created a separate page for this design. Better to be cautious and assume differences than possibly need to split things later on.

Thus, submit a correction or Geekmail me directly.

Eric Martin
BGG News Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oly Sibthorpe
United Kingdom
Southend-On-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you Eric - merge request submitted...
... and we have merge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.