Scott Hacker
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
Live to Game!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has Fantasy Flight announced what new stuff they'll be bringing to GenCon? Obviously, I'm most interested in Opening Moves, but they usually have two or three big releases at the Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Cow
msg tools
I'm sure Battlestar Galactica Expansion Daybreak will be there. There was also a rumor that they will be launching one more LCG before the end of the year. That being said, I could see them trying a BSG themed LCG. It's the only other huge sci-fi or fantasy theme IP that they own that I think could be a decent LCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Cow
msg tools
I also hope that they announce some nice Netrunner Art sleeves. Seems a shame that they don't have them already -.-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
World of Darkness LCG is the main rumor for their LCG release at Gencon.

The time frame for Opening Moves to be ready is unlikely (it is not even on the boat yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordNat wrote:

That would be quite incredible. Any rumors on the developer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
LordNat wrote:

Here is the thread about it:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/942306/it-seems-we-are-getti...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I would probably buy a World of Darkness LCG, I very much like the idea of a Terrinoth-based game. Between Disc Wars, Runebound, Descent, Rune Wars, Dungeonquest and Rune Age, we clearly don't have enough games in this setting.

FFG would have to spend a crazy amount of money to have Opening Moves available at Gencon, considering it only went to the printers last week (according to the status page). I doubt it will happen, especially considering that C&C was just released, and for most players is still a new addition to the card pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
hooliganj wrote:
FFG would have to spend a crazy amount of money to have Opening Moves available at Gencon, considering it only went to the printers last week (according to the status page). I doubt it will happen, especially considering that C&C was just released, and for most players is still a new addition to the card pool.

FFG tends to fudge things a bit when it comes to their status page in the month or so before Gencon so they can have surprises. They didn't even have Blood Bowl Team Manager listed on there two years ago and, lo and behold, it was for sale at Gencon. They often have items at Gencon that they claim are just "at the printer" or "still in development."

That doesn't mean that Opening Moves will be there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it. Also, I fully expect the second big box to get spoiled during the Friday "In-Flight Report" that FFG does. Watch the glass case at the Gencon booth after Friday afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how many LCG's the market can support. I've got more than my hands full just keeping up with Android: Netrunner (granted I only discovered the game 5 weeks ago or so) if I'm not to spend all of my spare time on LCG's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they DO have some sort of surprise release at GenCon, let's hope they don't have a repeat of last years Netrunner release debacle. They sold out the very first day because people were buying 10-15 copies at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
LordNat wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:
LordNat wrote:

Here is the thread about it:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/942306/it-seems-we-are-getti...

The link that it links to didn't work for me. But more importantly I would absolutely buy that game in a heartbeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MinisterOfPropaganda wrote:
If they DO have some sort of surprise release at GenCon, let's hope they don't have a repeat of last years Netrunner release debacle. They sold out the very first day because people were buying 10-15 copies at a time.

I only saw one person buying more than 4 copies. It sold out because everyone wanted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.