Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, pricing issues aside (the other thread has done that very well :-) ), here is a reason to preorder from GMT

In the latest News from GMT Games http://www.gmtgames.com/gmt0n.asp Gene Billingsley has announced the upcoming production schedule - till April. Right now they have a number of games that are close to the P750 "move to production" level for the April slot. And he has said:

"Essentially the ones in that group that receive the greatest order support from you guys in the next few weeks will be slotted into the April and May charge slots for early summer release"

So, here is the current scorecard:

736 The Conqueror: Alexander the Great
722 Clash of Giants II
702 Onward Christian Soldiers
699 RAN
668 Glory III
666 Saratoga (2nd Edition)
665 Unhappy King Charles!
648 Paths of Glory Players Guide (REPRINT)
619 Prussia's Glory II
610 Sword of Rome Expansion
598 Combat Commander
585 Monmouth
581 Winds of Plunder
576 Manoeuvre
543 Price of Freedom
537 The Bulge: FAB #1
529 Conquest of Paradise
512 Kutuzov

April Production means Summer Gaming. What game do YOU want. You want it by Summer, then P500 it. You want it by Xmas. Wait for your friends to P500 it :-)

If you P500 it they will build it....

(PS I want Combat Commander - please preorder it in droves!!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes...please order Combat Commander...and Winds of Plunder...and Conquest of Paradise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My choices exactly!!!

You have excellent taste in games, Jim! :-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
WELL, same three games for me as well! Just add The Bulge: Fab #1 to that list and I'll be one happy person! Preorder, folks! Those of us who teach school look forward to some serious summer gaming time!!!

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does GMT often include little extras for preorders, such as the 3 extra scenarios for Commands & Colors: Ancients?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kvn299 wrote:
Does GMT often include little extras for preorders, such as the 3 extra scenarios for Commands & Colors: Ancients?

I don't think it's often. Here's the P500 specials from the last flyer, ignoring the games that have already shipped. I imagine some other games may have new extras/deals when the next flyer comes out (summer?).

War Galley [reprint]: free Salamis module.
Conquest of Gaul [reprint]: free Caratacus module.
Samurai [reprint]: any in-stock GBoH module (including simple GBOH) free.
Bulge F.A.B: "Cold Shoulder" scenario

So not common at all. The "extra scenario" only works for games that have plenty of scenarios to begin with, and a P500-only scenario is one that could have been used to sell the game. The bribes seem to be targetted at reprints, which the P500 system doesn't serve well -- the core P500 audience, if they were interested in the game, already picked it up the first time. I lost three P500 orders this last update because of low interest in the reprints.

However, the reprints should be more attractive to budding wargamers here. If you're worried about ordering a dud, there's plenty of information about the reprint games. And you know any errata in the original print run will be corrected in the reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wel, I am tempted by UKC and PoF. I may go for one - but not both.

If you go to Winds of Plunder here, you'll see Joe's v positive review - and he's a wargamer! Let's get that baby over 650 and we may see it at Essen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, Dale. I'm not much of a wargamer, so really haven't ordered anything through the P500 system. However, I think I'm going to order the C&CExp and possibly Winds of Plunder or Conquest of Paradise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.