Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
STAG Gamers - The friendliest group in Kent
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the look of this game, but it will see little life ('scuse the pun) if it isn't something I can play with my gaming kids (9,11 and 12). Now the theme really doesn't bother me - they love playing zombies!!! so this wouldn't be anything new, and I know they would enjoy the backstabbing (again, Citadels is popular - I'm sure the assasin card is going to wear out soon). I've been through the photos here, and there seems to be nothing I wouldn't want them to see so why the 14+ rating?
Is it due to content, or is it related to the 'difficulty' (which comes in at light medium), or are the designers just playing it safe?

Any comments gratefully received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's no worse than Zombies!!! as far as suitability goes from what I recall while playing it. The cards in Zombies!!! are more graphic than any of the Mall of Horror components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd guess that the 14+ is based on the theme of the game.

Characters getting extra votes because they have a gun, people getting eaten alive.

Pretty much all of the cards are at least a little blood spattered.

But there aren't actually any graphic pictures of someone being torn apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Plank
United Kingdom
Unspecified
West Sussex
flag msg tools
I would think it's not really about the components or graphics of the game, but more to do with the theme and play. You have to be really callous and nasty to each other, and I would say that younger children would find this difficult - at least being on the recieving end. It all depends on how senstive your young 'uns are, but I know mine wouldn't really be able to handle the treachery and betrayal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.