Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Poll: How do you reccomend playing a new expansion for the first time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Horner
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: How do you reccomend playing a new expansion?
Sorry if this has been asked before (I didn't see it asked anywhere).

When buying a new expansion and playing it for the first time, what is the best way to introduce the new cards? Pick the answer that is closest to what you would recommend and then expand/clarify below if necessary.
Using one of the "Recommended Sets" that uses all the cards from the expansion (if available),
Using one of the "Recommended Sets" that also uses cards from the base game (or an expansion you are familiar with),
Hand pick 10 interesting looking cards from the expansion,
Hand pick some interesting looking cards from the expansion and the remainder are other cards you have,
Randomly pick 10 cards from the expansion,
Randomly pick some cards from the expansion and remainder are other cards you have,
Completely random set from all cards you have, or
Other.
      92 answers
Poll created by roger1818

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually I'll pick 5 cards from the new expansion, and 5 cards at random from all my others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My preference: For a big expansion, pick 10 at random. For a small expansion, pick 5 from the new set and 5 from a set of your choice. When you're done with the first game, set aside the 10 you just played and play 10 new cards. Keep doing that until you've seen everything. Then start mixing with other sets or just add it to your normal rotation.

But really, just do what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Used to go with 10 random from the new expansions, to make sure I would see all the new cards on the table as soon as was possible.
Recently changed this to 5 new and 5 old, for a litlle more variation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
first plays: the Recommended ones, so I know that I i'll play with every kingdom card, then, just mix with every other set and have fun!

=D

I only own the base, (and some bgg promos) but is that way I play when my friend brings a new exp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.