Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reveal at least one core tile and they'll become available in the unit supply to be recruited at the places where they are available (as printed on their cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Lloyd
United Kingdom
York
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
You reading my badge OverText?
badge
Yes! Mage Knight is such a great game I have dedicated my avatar to it.
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify. The unit offer is refreshed only at start of round, not when core tile is revealed. Revealing core tile is the condition that allows you to include Elite units in the unit offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thth wrote:
To clarify. The unit offer is refreshed only at start of round, not when core tile is revealed. Revealing core tile is the condition that allows you to include Elite units in the unit offer.

In addition to that 2 answers:
It's not include, but replace every "uneven Utem unit".
That means 1st, 3rd... (and 5th in 3+ player games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The rules don't highlight how Elite units are placed in any section about Elite units. Here's the relevant section that DOES tell you how to deal them (bold emphasis mine):

Mage Knight Rules, Page 4, One Round of the Game (Day or Night) wrote:

3. Create a new Unit offer.
• Take all Unit cards currently in the offer and put them on the bottom of their corresponding decks.
• If there are some Advanced Action cards in the Unit offer, put them to the bottom of the Advanced Action deck.
• Deal new Unit cards into the Unit offer equal to the number of actual players plus 2.
• If no Core tile has been revealed, deal Regular (silver back) Units only.
If at least one Core tile has been revealed, alternate dealing Elite (gold) and Regular Units. (Elite, Regular, Elite, etc.)
• If there are any monasteries on the map, add one Advanced Action card to the Unit offer for each monastery that has not been burned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier D.
France
Brulain
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
If at least one Core tile has been revealed, alternate dealing Elite (gold) and Regular Units. (Elite, Regular, Elite, etc.)

By the way, does the "alternate" part carry over to the next round?

ie., if we have a 3 units offer, do I deal :

Day 2: Elite, Regular, Elite
Night 2: Regular, Elite, Regular

or should I deal Elite, Regular, Elite each round ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mildaene wrote:
jsciv wrote:

By the way, does the "alternate" part carry over to the next round?

no.

Each new round there's the same procedure as described in Rulebook page 4: "Create a new unit offer".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be blind -- I cannot find this anywhere in my rulebook. Not on page 4 of either the Game Walkthrough book nor the Rulebook, nor on any other page of either. As a result, I've been playing that the only way to recruit Elite Units was via the White City's ability. Aaargh!

Where exactly is this?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Chou
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is on page 4 of the Rulebook, in the top section entitled "One Round of the Game (Day or Night)"

As Joseph (jsciv) said earlier, the specific area you want is 2(c), 5th bullet.

Quote:
"If at least one Core tile has been revealed, alternate dealing Elite (gold) and Regular Units. (Elite, Regular, Elite, etc.)"

And, as I'm sure you'll hear from others if you hang around long enough, after you've played through the game once, you don't ever need to refer to the Walkthrough again. All the rules are contained between the Rulebook and the reference cards.

Hope that helps!

(And yes, technically you could recruit Elite Units from the White City before you ever start a new round after you've revealed a core tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the quick response. Actually, I just now found it on page 1 of my Rulebook (from the original 2011 release -- I wonder if that is why the page number is different?), and somehow I've been totally missing it until now. Whew -- that'll sure make recruiting Elite Units a lot easier!

I thought something wasn't quite right with regard to how I was playing that aspect of the game, but just couldn't find anything to address it until I fortuitously stumbled upon this thread. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.