A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Arianne Martell House Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex M
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
When playing a 6 player game last night. I was Baratheon and had 6 castles. Martell also had 6 Castles.
In the 8th round, I attacked Martell occupied Storms End, I won this battle 11 to 5 but Martell played the Arianne Martell house card (If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat. So we did this but Martell still assumed control of Storms End (this makes no since but I didnt look much into it until reading the directions after thinking about it today). In the same round, Martell gained a castle from Tyrell which game him 7 (counting the Storms End which I don't think was rightfully his, It should have been neutral I would think). So the game ended, and that was that.

Obviously Martell did not legally win right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ:

"Q: When a player is defending an area containing
a Power token and loses the combat while also playing
the “Arianne Martell” House card, is the Power token
removed?
A: Yes..."

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agot-bg-2nd-ed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex M
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thought so, thanks for the reply and link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Segg Henger
Hungary
flag msg tools
And what if in any other battle, where there is one footman defending and there is a power token on the territory, the attacking party wins, slains the defending unit, but a skull tide card for the defender kills the attacking unit too? Will the power token remain there, or the same goes as with Arianne?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
segghenger wrote:
And what if in any other battle, where there is one footman defending and there is a power token on the territory, the attacking party wins, slains the defending unit, but a skull tide card for the defender kills the attacking unit too? Will the power token remain there, or the same goes as with Arianne?

If you lost the battle, then you are considered loser in all cases. No matter what winner can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roftie
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This thread belongs under Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roftie wrote:
This thread belongs under Rules.

Reported a long time ago, in a....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Chaney
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My group made the same mistake in another game. I played Arianne in defense of Starfall, and had put a power token there earlier, so everyone (including myself) thought I should keep it. While this did lead us to a 3-way tie between Martell, Tyrell, and Lannister, I lost in the first part of the tiebreaker (not enough strongholds).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.