Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello

id like to share and ask for advice my chaos theory build. i will test it today and post some more notes tonight.

Identity:
Chaos Theory: Wunderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Total Cards: (40)

Event: (13)
Diesel (Core) x3
Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) x3
Stimhack (Core) x2 ■
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x2

Hardware: (13)
Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus) x2
HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow) x2 ■■
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x3
Replicator (Humanity's Shadow) x2
The Personal Touch (Core) x2

Program: (10)
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Femme Fatale (Core) x2 ■
Gordian Blade (Core) x2
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x1 ■■■
Magnum Opus (Core) x2
Pipeline (Core) x1

Resource: (4)
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1
Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 6
Criminal: 9
Shaper: 58

a little bit of everything here. replicators should work nice with pieces of hardware we run here thinning a deck. unsure on aesop's. guess i got all i need to roll against anyone thoughts?

edit:
here is modified version after talk to stimhack.com guys:

Identity:

Total Cards: (40)

Event: (16)
Diesel (Core) x3
Stimhack (Core) x2 ■
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3
Modded (Core) x2

Hardware: (9)
Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
The Personal Touch (Core) x2

Program: (11)
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Femme Fatale (Core) x2 ■
Gordian Blade (Core) x2
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x1 ■■■
Magnum Opus (Core) x2
Datasucker (Core) x2 ■

Resource: (4)
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1
Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 8
Criminal: 5
Shaper: 60

the changes are:
- 2 replicator
- 2 HQI
- 1 pipeline
+ 1 test run
+ 2 modded
+ 2 datasucker

im unsure on datasuckers, maybe nerve agent is better? i got free influence and 2 cards spare, advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't quite understand why you have Aesops in that deck? What do you expect to use it with? Duplicate stuff that you put on your shop? You can't Aesop the Dino and whatever you put touches on. So that's 3-4 uses you would get out of it, max.

Since your economy is mainly from MO, you would probably be better off with a Public Sympathy to counter your stimhack damage.

You also seem to have a MU problem. I assume you'll put a Femme in the Dino. So that's free, but other than that you would probably want to have these out as well

Gordian Blade
Corroder
Datasucker
Magnum Opus
Sneakdoor

That's 7 MU out of the 5 you have. You need your breaker suite, so you can only have either Sneakdoor or Magnum Opus out. And with no economy whatsoever besides MO, there'll never be room for Sneakdoor.

So I would remove the Sneakdoor and Aesops and add Public Sympathy and perhaps an Ice Carver instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my thoughts...

Datasucker - I'm not sure what the point of this card is. The only card it makes a bit of sense for is Femme, but I assume that is going on Dino. It's already strength 4 there, so you won't have to be boosting it a too frequently, so the 2 credits per boost won't be bad. Datasucker makes no sense for any of the other breakers. I'd say to cut this card--it's a waste of deck space, influence, and memory.

Sure Gamble - These are always nice, of course. But I don't think they're necessary in a MO deck. You're only netting 2 credits over just hitting MO one time. It's nice, but I don't think it's necessary. Especially if you plan to use the Stimshop trick. MO will be more than enough (and Modded too).

Aesop's Pawnshop - I'm not sure what you're thinking in terms of use of this card in the deck. I don't think it's a good fit.

Sneakdoor - Great card. It'd put pressure on HQ and Archives. It's especially good with Test Run. However, I don't know if it's worth the influence and memory. You'd have to throw in a mem chip (at least 2 to be safe) to make it fit. Right now, most corps don't defend HQ terribly strongly against Shapers, so it shouldn't be tough to get in the front door. That may change, though, with Escher, so this is an idea worth keeping around.

Test Run - Unless you're planning to use them for playing out a Femme for a turn as a pseudo Inside Job, I'd cut them down bit to maybe 2.

Pipeline - This card is aweful. Don't put it in your deck.

Replicator - I've never used this card, so I can't comment. If it fits your strategy, keep it in. Really think about it's utility.

So, here's what I'd change:

-2 Datasucker
-3 Sure Gamble
-1 Test Run
-1 Pipeline
-1 Sneakdoor
-1 Plascrete (Run Public Sympathy instead)
-1 Aesops

+1 Dinosaurus (You want to get this out fast)
+1 Stimhack
+2 Infiltration (We'll be seeing more traps)
+2 Public Sympathy (Protection from Stimhack/Scorched Earth)
+1 Nerve Agent (Cheaper than HQ Interface and can be searched out)
+1 Special Order (Get rig up faster)

For the last 2 cards, it depends on if you own another Core or Creation and Control. If you have another Core, I'd throw in another Magnum Opus. If you have Creation and Control, I'd definitely find space for at least one Escher. That card is ridiculous. Indexing is a pretty good card too. One or two of those could be nice. Self Modifying Code is amazing, but I don't know if it would be for this deck, if you're running the Stimshop trick. If you are in a heavy Scorched meta, maybe put one Plascrete back in.

If I'm calculating correctly, you still have 2 influence you can use. I'm not sure what I'd put in. It'd probably be a 1-of, so you'd have to be okay not getting it.

If you're ever looking to make more space, I'd be looking at the Replicators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so, after tests:
- i realized MU problems before even playing and replaced sneakdoor with single inside job.
- played modified version, without HQI (2nd listing)
- this deck is solitaire, u play alone to bring rig fast or semi fast depending on cards/opponent, this means games are boring
- in theory works great (quick rig, click for money, run!), but practice tells me something different
- one very close game vs NBN fast advance, lost due to breaking news thrashing my femme on PW, 7:6, could be other way if i got few more credits last turn. all in all not bad, wanted more
- 2 times vs HB, this turned out bad, despite having like everything, i was always behind: with all rig in place i could clicking 6 from MO and run and usually to break all stuff i needed like 8$. 2 turns and i can run twice on third means its too weak for guy scoring stuff from hand in a turn or two, especially if i lost my credits to access some lol asset.
- will give the concept another run post C&C if something will be there to improve the idea, for now abandoning shapers all together and trying some proper credit denial criminal or noise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...you must be playing it differently than I have. I used to have a deck very similar to your second listing with the changes I noted. Most of the games I played were very close, and I won pretty frequently.

My general strategy was to get the rig up as quickly as possible. I could usually get MO and all the breakers out within 3-5 turns, as long as I had a decent draw. Just throw all your breakers and hardware on a personal workshop. As soon as you have a Stimhack in hand and at least 9 credits worth of programs/hardware on the the Personal Workshop, run archives (or any undefended remote) and install everything. They might sneak out an agenda or maybe 2 if they're lucky in that time. However, once a shaper has MO up and all three breakers out, they're pretty much unstoppable. The corp can no longer put anything in remotes. So unless they're scoring out of hand, the cards are going to be pooling in HQ. Regardless, you'll have 2 targets rather than 3+.

I'd then start hitting R&D hard with indexing and RDI. Once they've iced that up good, pull out the Nerve Agent and go to town on HQ. Chances are they have very little protection on HQ. Soon, they're stuck either wasting a turn purging viruses or having you see every card in hand each turn. If they start icing up HQ, even better. That'll be clicks and credits they won't be able to use to advance cards--and fast advancing is expensive (Biotic Labor, San San) and/or time consuming (Trick of Light).

(EDIT) Here's the deck of reference:

Total Cards: 40

Event (21)
Stimhack (Core) x3
Tinkering (Core) x2
Modded (Core) x2
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x2
Infiltration (Core) x2
Special Order (Core) x1
Diesel (Core) x3
Indexing (Future Proof) x3

Hardware (6)
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x1
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core) x2

Program (9)
Gordian Blade (Core) x2
Magnum Opus (Core) x2
Corroder (Core) x2
Ninja (Core) x2
Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) x1

Resource (4)
Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus) x2
Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:
Hmmmm...you must be playing it differently than I have. I used to have a deck very similar to your second listing with the changes I noted. Most of the games I played were very close, and I won pretty frequently.

this was my plan. too few games to conclude or too good draw by corp i guess, but i was beat pretty hard by hb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.