Subject: Feedback Filter or Deus X? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Johnston
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ill keep this quick,

Can you pay the creds for the net damage multiple times to prevent more than 1 Net Damage in the run? or can the effect only be used once? Or do I just need to stick to my Deus X + Test Run combo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No restrictions exist on the card, so there's no reason to not use it more than once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Johnston
United States
California
flag msg tools
Meant to also ask the comparison worth wise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
Feedback Filter seems lackluster to me. 3 credits to prevent 1 net damage is generally a losing proposition. Unless that net damage would kill you, it will only take one click to recoup that card, and you're pretty much never going to be able to gain 3 credits instead for that click.

The only times it is very useful is when you want to stop yourself from taking lethal net damage. In such a situation, you generally only need to prevent 1 net damage to survive, so Net Shield is better. If you're hitting what could be a huge Junebug, the amount of credits Filter will take to save you are going to be impossible to afford, and Deus X is what you really want here. Shield and Deus also have the advantage of being tutorable by Test Run and Self-Modifying Code, which is a big advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is neither an option? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trashing a copy of Deus Ex then running with an installed Clone Chip and 3 spare credits is a handy little backup if you're feeling paranoid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I'd stick with Deus X if you're running Test Run and/or Self Modifying Code

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are scared of damage Deus X is the better option. It can break an AP ice, which can be very handy for face checking in the early game. There are lots of AP ice.

The only case I can see for taking Feedback Filter is you are afraid of the brain damage assets. Expose cards would have more utility in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildfire393 wrote:
Feedback Filter seems lackluster to me. 3 credits to prevent 1 net damage is generally a losing proposition. Unless that net damage would kill you, it will only take one click to recoup that card, and you're pretty much never going to be able to gain 3 credits instead for that click.

The only times it is very useful is when you want to stop yourself from taking lethal net damage. In such a situation, you generally only need to prevent 1 net damage to survive, so Net Shield is better. If you're hitting what could be a huge Junebug, the amount of credits Filter will take to save you are going to be impossible to afford, and Deus X is what you really want here. Shield and Deus also have the advantage of being tutorable by Test Run and Self-Modifying Code, which is a big advantage.

You seem to forget that Feedback Filter can be trashed to prevent up to 2 brain damage. Especially now that HB has more brain damage tricks, like Cerebral Overwriter, this could be pretty useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.