Ríkharður Friðgeirsson
msg tools
m new to the Game of Thrones LCG but played alot of MGT before, I love the game so far but my group is bigger than 4 people. Im the deck bringer for my group and i want to make 6 fairly balanced decks (x1 for each house) or more. These do not have to tournament viable decks, look at it more from a boardgame perspective. Just want to gather a group play a game and have as much fun with it where luck and skill plays into it more than deck strenght. Would not be fun if 1 deck always demolishes the others.

I have x1 Core set at the moment and im looking to expand alot to make this work. My question to you guys is: Which exspansions or extra sets would be the best for me ?. Could i make x6 fairly competitive and balanced decks from

X1 Core set.
X1 Princes of the Sun
x1 Kings of the Sea
x1 Kings of the Storm
X1 Lords of Winter
x1 Queen of Dragons
x1 Lions of the Rock

Would this exspansion list suffice to make x6 decks all at once, If not what do i need to add to it to balance it out and have enough cards to finish x6 decks. Would i need extra core sets or extra chapter packs or extra exspansions?

And before you say 6 player games take to long, We're experienced Arkham Horror players, we have the stamina for 6-8 hour games

Thanks in advance R1klus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get another Core set, a Princes of the Sun box and a Kings of the Sea box, and then use the decklists on this thread to build 6 decks that are fairly well-balanced against each other:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/207-4-deck...

Post #1 has Stark, Baratheon, Targaryen and Lannister decks
Post #8 has a Martell deck
Post #10 has a Greyjoy deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horrid Beast wrote:

Um he said he has that and more...

Actually, he said:

Quote:
I have x1 Core set at the moment and im looking to expand a lot to make this work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horrid Beast wrote:
Seriously though I would look into getting yourself three core sets and ordering yourself some Valars from somewhere. I would also suggest you pick up a couple of cycles (preferably the Brotherhood and Night's Watch cycles to allow yourself 9 clean decks)

I'm in a similar build cycle.

- Why the Valars?

- If you had the expansion boxes for each house, why the cycles as well (or why the Brotherhood and Knight's Watch specifically)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McBee
Malta
Hamrun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
[q="Horrid Beast"]
- Why the Valars?

Valar Morghulis is a good reset card that allows its holder to damage an opponent that is at a considerable advantage than he is. It's a strong card, so with a group of 6, you might want to offer it to most if not all of those players. Since each Core Set only has one copy of the card, you'd have to buy extra copies separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.