Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Johnson
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting for ages for some US online seller to obtain a copy or two of Indonesia. At one time I sent an email to 2 different online stores and they both basically replied with the same answer, that they had ordered copies from Splotter but that the Splotter guys don't ever return email so they didn't know when if ever they would be getting them (this was 2-3 months ago as well). My question is why does Splotter treat their customers this way? I currently have 2 Splotter games in my collection and would like a copy of Indonesia as it sounds quite interesting, but I won't buy from Splotter's web site as they don't take credit cards in a secure manner and quite simply I don't trust them to treat me any differently than the US online retailers.

Does anyone have any inside dirt on why Splotter works this way? Do they spend so much time developing their games that they forget to sell the ones that they are currently for sale?

By the way, I know that Funagain has copies for sale, however I don't like to pay the premium prices that Funagain seems to like to charge for both games and shipping so I am waiting for one of the other online stores to stock it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I've ordered from Playme.de several times and had great luck with them. They've got Indonesia in stock for about 60 Euros (which is what I think I paid for the game shortly after it came out). You get a bit of a break on the game price because we don't have to pay the VAT tax, but you do have to pay shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Johnson wrote:
Do they spend so much time developing their games that they forget to sell the ones that they are currently for sale?

That would be my guess. I ordered from their website once and never even got a confirmation from them that they had received my credit card info (despite multiple E-mails) until I posted a forum thread here on BGG asking other people about their Splotter experience. From what I understand they're all students, and the game company is a part-time job for all of them. The killer part is that their games ARE so good, and even with the non-existent customer service I know I'll be tempted to try another order when they release their next game. Damn their oily hides!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Johnson wrote:

By the way, I know that Funagain has copies for sale, however I don't like to pay the premium prices that Funagain seems to like to charge for both games and shipping so I am waiting for one of the other online stores to stock it.

Well, even the Splotter website warns people that it might take months to get the game. Someone on this thread hit the nail on the head: the Splotter designers aren't full time and they probably answer when they can.

Not good customer service but what can you do?

Your best best is to get the game from the numerous online German retailers (Playme, Adam Spielt, Delayed Reactions, etc).

Funagain has it but their copies were brought back from Essen (hence the higher price).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rintoul
Switzerland
Nyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience.

I ordered my copy of Indonesia directly from Splotter, it did take some time, 3 months, but has finally arrived.

Most of the emails I sent, were responded to within 2 or 3 days.

As Shawn said Splotters website warns that it will take time for games to be delivered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
IN
Indiana
flag msg tools
I got my copy for $80 USD (post-paid!) from http://www.levalet.com/, and it arrived within a few days. Highly reccomended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prolifekilledmywife wrote:
I got my copy for $80 USD (post-paid!) from http://www.levalet.com/, and it arrived within a few days. Highly reccomended.

Thanks for the info...I just ordered it myself. Great price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna D'Iorio
Italy
Pecetto Torinese
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here we are !

http://giochinscatola.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_i...

shipping in 2wks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evertjan van de Kaa
Netherlands
den haag
zuid holland
flag msg tools
Or you could visit the essen spiel convention. so far they have had a stand there. of course this is in europe, and only one time in the year. so for people not from around there it might be dificult.

Evertjan van de Kaa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardsandbits.com is showing it in stock for US$67.50. That's much cheaper than I paid for it last year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.