Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Player order: Trevor Brooks,Greg Nicholas, Jean Jodoin, Norbert and Don Smith.

Game 1:

Trevor opened up the Chu province. No one else had any Chu cards, and eventually put down 6 cloisters in the province!

Don put down a fortress in the Chu province, and had a 5pt road net. He also put 5 advisors in the Chu province (overpowering my one lone advisor) and was able to make 29 pts from advisors, and added to his 20 pts earned from the 5 length road net and 10 pts in the Chu province got 49 pts.

Scores: Don 49, Norbert 44, Greg 43, Trevor 36, Jean 28.

Game 2: snore

We usually handicap the winner by letting them going first, thus
Don went first, followed by Trevor, Greg, Jean and myself. I only put on three cloisters, but got all my advisors on the board (1 or 2 per area), including a last play advisor into the Chu province (which Jean opened up finally at the end of the game) which gave me 12 pts. I didn't even play my fortress, but I scored 33 pts for advisors.

Scores: Norbert 47, Greg 44, Trevor 41, Don 38, Jean 36. Strike one up for Mr. Chan!

Game 3:

Everyone now thought advisors was the only way to win. Having the curse of winning the last game, I went first, followed by Don, Trevor, Greg
and Jean.

I put one advisor in the Yan province, hoping to duplicate my game 2 situation where I had 1 or 2 advisors in a province, and all scoring, but Greg overpowered me with 2 advisors of his own. Trevor put an advisor in the Qi province, but I overpowered him with 2 advisors of my own. Greg then put an advisor in the Zhao province, but Trevor overpowered him with 2 advisors there.

The group think that advisors were necessary were changing the complexion of this game. Greg, Trevor and I were wasting advisors all over the board.

Don didn't put any advisors down and got the most in areas. I had 3 wasted advisors, and Trevor had 5 or 6 wasted advisors. In a low scoring game, the scores were:

Don 38, Jean 36, Norbert 33, Greg 32, Trevor 18.

How ironic, Mr. Smith was riding roughshod all over the Chinese people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.