Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a line on an inexpensive ($30) copy of the second editon of Hammer of Scots. What are the differences between 2nd and 3rd edition? Should i snatch this up or just save my pennies for the 3rd edition.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a previous thread on the same topic.

The 2nd edition has the original map art (and comes with a sticker to correct heraldry that was omitted from the map in the Mar region):

The 3rd edition map has different artistic flavor:

The 2nd edition had at least one block that didn't have its movement rating printed on it--I'm not sure if that was corrected in the 3rd edition block stickers. If you get the 2nd edition, you can download the current rules from Columbia's site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Third Edition's map is pretty gorgeous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is, but it was hard to turn down the 2nd edition for $30.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are more decorative in the third edition but I actually prefer the second edition map...bottom line, no actual changes to the game, just different graphics, not worth worrying about in my opinion, go the 30 bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next I rope a friend into playing this with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame your not nearby, I miss my second edition, regret getting rid of it for v3. Shouldn't be too hard to find a challenger, just invite them over for a movie marathon with braveheart then maybe rob Roy for good measure...they will be dying to play.

PS your picture on your profile presumedly from black books makes me laugh from the episode where bill bailey is inside the piano with the spoons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaynerichards72 wrote:
Shame your not nearby, I miss my second edition, regret getting rid of it for v3. Shouldn't be too hard to find a challenger, just invite them over for a movie marathon with braveheart then maybe rob Roy for good measure...they will be dying to play.

I may have to give that a try!

Shaynerichards72 wrote:

PS your picture on your profile presumedly from black books makes me laugh from the episode where bill bailey is inside the piano with the spoons.

I love that show, and went to see Dylan Moran on his first North American tour recently

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up a copy of the 2nd edition for $40 shipped, so I am happy to find out that the editions do not differ significantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.