Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel really dumb for asking this question, but here goes nothing...

When calculating battle DRM in an amphibious assault (AA) does a fort modifier (+2) get applied twice if one is present? I do understand the overall AA modifier is a sum total of defender AA modifiers versus attacker AA modifers and the result can't be greater than a +3 for either side and obviously the fort is part of this, but is the (+2) then added again as part of the normal modifiers?

I thought I knew the answer to this, but an earlier post on this subject confused the crap out of me.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am playing FtP this coming weekend and was freshening up on the rules when I stumbled over this mental road block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Just once.

All amphibious assault modifiers are applied, netted out, and then limited, and then any remaining modifiers applied. The fort modifier is unusual in that it is the only amphibious assault modifier that is applied even if the battle is not amphibious, but still is only applied once if it is an amphibious assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave. This is what I thought, but when I read an earlier post I became really confused. Thanks for putting me straight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.