Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon Comeaux had been itching to re-play this old GDW classic for some time. Sadly, it is a game which is suited for exactly four players and can be quite lengthy, so the opportunity has eluded him for quite some time. Plus, the fact that he has been involved in marathon sessions of Rossyia 1917 and War & Peace has also prohibited him from playing.

After considerable deliberations, Willerd, Bill, Jon and Steve finally opted for Kings & Things. Jerry, who has played in the past, was willing to sift through the rules and guide the group through it. Sadly, due to the length of time which had elapsed since both Jon and Jerry had played, neither was familiar enough with the rules to accurately explain the game. This resulted in mass confusion, missed rules and, unfortunately, tarnished impressions. The game was eventually aborted.

I've only played the game once and, although intrigued by the mechanisms utilized, ultimately found the game to be WAY too long. My one and only game lasted well over six hours. I keep telling myself I'll revisit it one day, but with so many other games available which have captured my attention, I don't know if I'll actually ever play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.