Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Poho
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's the Scenario:

I love love love Netrunner, but am too old, busy, and unintelligent to construct decks effectively/properly. I laid out all of my cards last night in attempt to build a few decks, but just ended up just staring at them bewildered for about two hours until I was too drunk and confused to carry on. My mission is to create one deck for each Corp and each Runner with the cards that I currently own so that I can play enjoyable and competitive games with my wife and other non-gamer friends on the fly. I currently own two copies of the Core Set, the entire Genesis Cycle, and Creation and Control. Would anybody be willing to help me complete my mission? I'm willing to send a pristine copy of Stratego (Vintage Game Collection Edition) to the geek who can build the decks I crave. This once in a life time prize will be sent directly to the person who first sends me acceptable deck lists for each Corp and each Runner that can be built concurrently only with the cards I own. If your decks are lame, I withhold the right to send the prize to the next best entry. I'm totally serious about this.

Love,
Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my suite of the silliest cheese:

Weyland: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun...
Jinteki: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun...
Haas Bioroid: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun...
NBN: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun... (I guess you'd need to remove a SanSan City Grid and add a Wall of Static or something)

Shaper: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun...
Criminal: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun...
Anarch: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun...

Offered as-is with no warranty :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you need each faction, or each identity? I think you might have a tough time making 5 different HB decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
nickpoho wrote:
If your decks are lame, I withhold the right to send the prize to the next best entry. I'm totally serious about this.

Well, with only access to 2 Core Sets, you have 6 Hedge Funds between 4 corp decks. And 4 Melange between 4 corp decks.

I don't know where you want your extra corp economy to come from, but I have a feeling you can use "no economy" as an excuse for "lame" for whichever corp decks don't have them.

Problem is exacerbated if you mean per-ID, which makes your challenge pretty much impossible. You need 9 runner decks and 11 corp decks. Assuming this is just one-deck-per-faction.

If you also only have one copy of Genesis and not two (semi-unclear numbering on what you have two copies of), this challenge gets a lot harder as well.

EDIT:
===

Problem is incredibly lessened if you're willing to deconstruct decks and you don't mean concurrently constructed. Then, you literally have the all-too-common limitation of only 2 core sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I read "can be built concurrently" and assumed it meant the Runner and Corp decks can be built at the same time which is sort of always true. If you want to have 4 Corp decks built at the same time then ignisphaseone is right I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Poho
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good insight/ideas so far. To be clear, I'm looking for one deck for each faction, so 7 decks in total. Will the lack of funding for the Corp make this quest unquestable? I thought maybe the expansions and faction-specific fund cards might make this possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Poho
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrTall wrote:

Did I mention that I prefer my decks without cheese?

Seriously though, thanks a lot. Some of these look pretty awesome. I'll take a look and put you in the running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickpoho wrote:
Did I mention that I prefer my decks without cheese?

Oops whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
nickpoho wrote:
Good insight/ideas so far. To be clear, I'm looking for one deck for each faction, so 7 decks in total. Will the lack of funding for the Corp make this quest unquestable? I thought maybe the expansions and faction-specific fund cards might make this possible.

You'd be running pretty thin. Runner might be doable, since you have 3 factions only.

For 4 corp decks, you have these "standard" economy options (Dedicated server isn't a standard option =P):

6x Hedge
4x Melange
6x PAD Campaign
6x Adonis Campaign (I think?)
3x Eve Campaign
3x Marked Accounts
3x GLC
6x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Private Contracts
3x Successful Demonstration

This actually looks less bad than previously, but still pretty awkward. Really, the 4x Melange is what's going to get you, and depending on what side of the fence you fall on, the 6x Hedge.

===

NBN gets all the drip. 3x PAD, 3x Marked
Jinteki gets drip and...private contracts? 3x PAD, 3x Private Contracts
Weyland gets all the Ops. 3x Hedge, 3xBSR, 3x GLC...? 3x Comm. Probably the Melanges too.
HB gets all their campaigns and cool C&C stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Poho
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ignisphaseone wrote:
nickpoho wrote:

You'd be running pretty thin. Runner might be doable, since you have 3 factions only.

For 4 corp decks, you have these "standard" economy options (Dedicated server isn't a standard option =P):

6x Hedge
4x Melange
6x PAD Campaign
6x Adonis Campaign (I think?)
3x Eve Campaign
3x Marked Accounts
3x GLC
6x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Private Contracts
3x Successful Demonstration

This actually looks less bad than previously, but still pretty awkward. Really, the 4x Melange is what's going to get you, and depending on what side of the fence you fall on, the 6x Hedge.

===

NBN gets all the drip. 3x PAD, 3x Marked
Jinteki gets drip and...private contracts? 3x PAD, 3x Private Contracts
Weyland gets all the Ops. 3x Hedge, 3xBSR, 3x GLC...? 3x Comm. Probably the Melanges too.
HB gets all their campaigns and cool C&C stuff.

Awesome info! This may be the source code for programing 7 perfect decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Henderson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could get drunk just by looking at my Android: Netrunner cards. Creation and Control would be pure mash from a backwoods still for Haas-Bioroid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United States
rancho cordova
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
having 3 core sets and 4 corp decks the money was tight. I think if you could have 3 made decks and the 4th corp only be missing the cash that you could do a quick swap between games would be a good solution for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
Jigoku81 wrote:
having 3 core sets and 4 corp decks the money was tight. I think if you could have 3 made decks and the 4th corp only be missing the cash that you could do a quick swap between games would be a good solution for you.

Or you have to rely on tricksy economy things. The list I provided above might not even be comprehensive (I was at work), but you can probably make a decent deck with some of the other weirder economy cards.

Popup Window, for instance, is a great card. But it's not traditional economy so I didn't include it. Shadow, Caduceus, Dedicated Server, Akitaro Watanabe, Simone Diego, Amazon, Oversight AI, Bioroid Efficiency Research...the list for "economy" goes on.

Also, if you think strictly economy, you forget about anti-economy cards. Expensive assets, turning tags and removing them into a thing, draining them; economy is not a one-way thing, it's a war. If you've got terrible economy, make sure they do too. Force them to run, don't give them any breathing room. Freelancer, Closed Accounts. I think it's personally one of the reasons NBN is considered passable (if not great by some of us, like myself), and Jinteki is considered weaker; NBN gets powerful anti-economy cards and tag setup, while Jinteki gets more bluffs, net damage tricks, and traps, all of which cost money but pay no return if the bluff is called.

EDIT:
===

This also changes if you're willing to have the "competitiveness" of your decks slip and change. You can have 1 corp that's really solid, 1 deck that's agenda rush, 1 deck that is hilarious HB PSF extra-click combo cheesiness, and 1 deck that is jinteki shennanigans.

Player skill, play style, bluffing style all make a big difference in ANR. NBN and Jinteki are both decks that are notoriously difficult to pilot to victories in general. Runner decks also range from "bend-the-very-rules-of-ANR-Noise" to "play crypis, take a billion credits, run anything I want shaper." I argue you can take 7 faction decks of varying power, give them to a variety of players, and you'll probably see strange win rates as everyone starts to learn the game more. And then people really start to get into it, follow the rules, learn the tricks, and then your 7 decks have disparate power based on the aforementioned economies we've been discussing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haas-Bioroid, Stronger Together

3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Director Haas' Pet Project
3x Priority Requisition
2x Sentinel Defense Program
2x Gila Hands Arcology

2x Howler
3x Eli 1.0
2x Ichi 2.0
2x Janus 1.0
3x Viktor 1.0
2x Heimdall 2.0
1x Zed 1.0
1x Sherlock 1.0
3x Whirlpool (6)

2x Alix T4LB07
2x Cerebral Overwriter
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Levy University
3x Dedicated Server (6)

1x Awakening Center
1x Tyr's Hand
1x Ruhr Valley
1x Akitaro Watanabe (2)

3x Bioroid Efficiency Research
3x Hedge Fund
1x Sunset (1)

-----------
NBN, Making News

1x Archer (2)
1x Ichi 1.0 (2)
2x Enigma
3x Bastion
1x Shadow (1)
1x Chum (1)
3x Data Raven
2x Caduceus (4)
3x Pop-up Window
2x Tollbooth

3x Private Security Force
2x Breaking News
3x Astrocript Pilot Program
3x Project Beale

3x PAD Campaign
3x Marked Account

2x SanSan City Grid
2x Corporate Troubleshooter (2)

3x Beanstalk Royalties (3)
2x Midseason Replacements
2x Big Brother
2x Psychographics

-----------
The Weyland Consortium, Because We Built It

2x Enigma
2x Hadrian's Wall
2x Salvage
2x Archer
3x Data Raven (6)
2x Woodcutter
2x Shadow
3x Ice Wall

3x Posted Bounty
3x Government Contracts
2x Hostile Takeover
2x Private Security Force

3x Dedicated Response Team
1x Private Contracts
1x PAD Campaign
1x Bernice Mai (2)
1x Simone Diego
1x ChiLo City Grid (2)

3x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Commercialization
2x Shipment From Kaguya
1x Biotic Labour (3)
1x SEA Source (2)
3x Scorched Earth

-----------
Haas-Bioroid, Engineering the Future

3x Ice Wall (3)
1x Caduceus (2)
1x Shadow (1)
2x Viper
2x Enigma
2x Viktor 1.0
3x Ichi 1.0
2x Wall of Static

3x Accelerated Beta Test
3x Project Vitruvius
2x Corporate War
1x False Lead
1x Director Haas' Pet Project
1x Private Security Force

2x Aggressive Secretary
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Eve Campaign

3x Hedge Fund
2x Rework
3x Biotic Labour
3x Trick of Light
3x Archived Memories

-----------
Jinteki, Personal Development

1x Data Mine
3x Chum
1x Sensei
3x Wall of Static
3x Wall of Thorns
1x Heimdall 1.0 (2)
2x Ichi 1.0 (4)
2x Shadow (2)
1x Rototurret (1)

3x Neural Katana

3x Braintrust
3x Fetal AI
3x Nisei MK2
1x Gila Hands Arcology

2x Melance Mining Corp
2x Private Contracts
2x PAD Campaign
2x Ronin
2x Aggressive Secretary (4)
1x Cerebral Overwriter (2)
3x Snare!

3x Hokusai Grid

2x Neural Emp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaos Theory, Wunderkind

2x Dinosaurus
3x Replicator
3x R&D Interface
3x HQ Interface (9)
2x Personal Touch
1x Feedback Filter

2x Opus Magnum
1x Crypsis
2x Snowball
2x Pipeline
2x Gordian Blade

3x Personal Workshop
1x Aesop's Pawnshop

3x Inside Job (6)
3x Sure Gamble
3x Quality Time
3x Diesel
1x Levy AR Lab Access

-------------------
Whizzard, Master Gamer

2x Spinal Modem
3x Cyberfeeder
3x Dyson Mem Chip
1x E3 Feedback Implants (2)

2x Djinn
1x Imp
1x Medium
1x Nerve Agent
2x Datasucker
2x Parasite
2x Crypsis
2x Yog.0
2x Corroder
1x Ninja (2)
1x Femme Fatale (1)

2x Kati Jones
3x Armitage Codebusting
2x Crash Space (4)
2x Wyldside
1x All-nighter (2)
1x Aesop's Pawnshop (2)
2x Ice Carver
1x Xanadu

2x Stimhack
3x Infiltration

-------------------
Andromeda, Dispossessed Ristie

2x Desperado
3x Cortez Chip
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (2)
1x E3 Feedback Implants
3x Plascrete Carapace
2x Clone Chip (4)

2x Sneakdoor Beta
1x Crescentus
1x Femme Fatale
1x Faerie
1x Corroder (2)
1x Gordian Blade (3)
1x Crypsis

2x Bank Job
2x Same Old Thing

2x Sure Gamble
3x Easy Mark
3x Account Syphon
2x Forged Activation Orders
2x Emergency Shutdown
3x Inside Job
3x Special Order
2x The Maker's Eye (4)

-------------------
Noise, Hacker Extraordinaire

2x Grimoire
3x Cyberfeeder

2x Djinn
2x Darwin
2x Crypsis
2x Imp
2x Datasucker
3x Medium
3x Parasite
1x Sahasrara (2)

2x Armitage Codebusting
3x Liberated Account
3x New Angeles City Hall
2x Datadealer (4)

3x Diesel (6)
3x Easy Mark (3)
1x Sure Gamble
3x Surge
3x Deja Vu

-------------------
Kate "Mac"McCaffrey, Digital Tinkerer

2x The Toolbox
1x E3 Feedback Implants (2)
1x Muresh Bodysuit (1)
2x Personal Touch

3x Self-Modifying Code
2x Inti
2x ZU.13 Keymaster
2x Creeper
1x Deus X
1x Crypsis
2x Magnum Opus
2x Chakana

2x Bank Job (4)
3x Underworld Contact
1x All-nighter
3x Daily Casts
3x Borrowed Satellite
1x Helpful AI
1x Xanadu (2)

1x Escher
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Forged Activation Orders (6)
3x The Maker's Eye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, given that the main problem here will be a lack of corp econ cards, you COULD just proxy a few extra Melanges and Hedge Funds and you would probably be set (if you sleeve your cards, that is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Poho
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a ton Eric and Jacek. The info you've provided is invaluable.

Jacek - Are you going to rework your decks once you get Creation and Control? If so, I would love to see your new decklists. Good stuff man...good stuff.

Jasper - The proxy idea is good too.Maybe I should just switch the economy cards out each time I change corps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Poho
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jigoku81 wrote:

I was just thinking this before I read your post. Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickpoho wrote:
Jacek - Are you going to rework your decks once you get Creation and Control? If so, I would love to see your new decklists

Definitely I will. Polish publisher says it will be available in second half of August and I will start deckbuilding once I have the cards. If I happen to forget to post, just drop me a PM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My two posts are updated and contain 5 decklists each. Those can be built out of the set you own. Decks are tested more than previous versions, though still not extensively (and the C&C-heavy ones, Kate and Stronger together, are completely untested).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to start a thread with a very similar request, but I was lucky to find this thread! Thanks a lot for these decks!

Jacek, could you please build a deck for Gabriel Santiago that is on the same power-level as those you posted? I know that it would be impossible to build a sixth runner deck without exceeding the OP's card pool limit, but we could proxy some cards in order to have it made.

Preconstructed decks are very valuable for people like me who haven't played the old Netrunner, prefer to play casually, and don't know where to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Criminals are unfortunately the faction I feel least familiar with, so I'm even not sure, if Andromeda is the correct ID for the deck I posted and I can't talk too much about differences between Gabe and Andy. So I guess someone else would be more suited to making the deck you need

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.